Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC:new services-online backup,security,content management

• 21-04-2011 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just received from UPC some online survey...amongst others,were few questions about online backup,content management,child browsing protection,antivirus/amtispam an dother internet security products
    Curious enough,they even published some prices as well...actually a good price for unlimited online backup with unlimited devices and unlimited storage,charges per month !

So,it looks that they are looking to get their foot on to this market as well ?!!

Looks nice the internet security for children, internetaccess "working time" on/off,remote power-off the internet device..

Anyone receive it !?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I would be happier if they allowed their customers to monitor their upload and download stats via some web based report. It would be nice to know whether I was nearing a financial penalty for exceeding my unlimited monthly allowance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

rolion wrote: »
    Hi,

Just received from UPC some online survey...amongst others,were few questions about online backup,content management,child browsing protection,antivirus/amtispam an dother internet security products
    Curious enough,they even published some prices as well...actually a good price for unlimited online backup with unlimited devices and unlimited storage,charges per month !

So,it looks that they are looking to get their foot on to this market as well ?!!

Looks nice the internet security for children, internetaccess "working time" on/off,remote power-off the internet device..

Anyone receive it !?

I've highlighted three little bits in your post. These three make me laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

roast wrote: »
    i wonder what would happen if you used their 'unlimited' broadband in conjunction with their 'unlimited' backup service to backup 2tb of data online in a month? :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

roast wrote: »

Funnily enough the same thing struck me - I can imagine the letters now - "your unlimited storage is causing distress to those who are storing next to you........."

Someone in UPC is obsessed with that word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

vibe666 wrote: »
    i wonder what would happen if you used their 'unlimited' broadband in conjunction with their 'unlimited' backup service to backup 2tb of data online in a month? :D
    dub45 wrote: »
    Funnily enough the same thing struck me - I can imagine the letters now - "your unlimited storage is causing distress to those who are storing next to you........."

Someone in UPC is obsessed with that word.

divided_by_zero.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement