Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maple Leaf James Boom Grenade - Gas Leak

• 21-04-2011 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

For €75 each, these grenades don't seem to work too well.

Anyway, the problem at the moment is that when I start filling with gas it just straight away leaks from it. You can see where it leaks in the image below. This is happening to both of the grenades. Its leaking from the middle so it shouldn't be from not setting up the pulling pin correctly.

It seems like a simple enough concept so I can't see where I am going wrong.

Any help would be appriciated.

24ytw1g.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Gas leaking = seal problem. This applies to 90% of gas leak issues in any device.

Take it apart and check your seals, preferably under a magnifying glass. It's likely they've dehydrated/perished due to lack of lubricant. It's not uncommon.

(copy/paste of what I wrote in the Mossberg thread, since it's essentially the same issue)
    A quick fix, if you can't find seals to suit, is to remove the leaking seals and immerse them in clutch fluid for a couple of hours. Take them out, dry them off and refit them.
    This works if the seal is dehydrated/perished. It won't work if it's broken, obviously, and it has a 50/50 chance of working if the seal shows wear. If it is worn but the clutch fluid engorges the seal enough to work anyway, the leak will return after a short period of time, so it's better to replace it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

I think your problem is the same as mine (funnily enough I just sorted mine out when I saw your thread! :P)

You can just about see a black O ring at the point where it's leaking, basically it shouldn't be there and it's just slid up from it's normal position

You just need to unscrew the aluminium cylinder and slide the o-ring a bit down into the next groove, it should be fairly easy to see what I'm talking about when you have it open!

...Alternatively I'll buy them off ya ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

I had them sent off for repair and it was the o-rings after all. However it was pointed out to me that they may have been quite old before I got my hands on them, thus the short life I got with them.

Advertisement