Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor to O2 then back to meteor?

Options
  • 21-04-2011 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Right, I'm currently on Meteor Pay As You Go and they have a new offer if you upgrade to meteor from another network which gives you an extra €20 credit each time you top up by €20. (Along with the free calls and texts a month that's some deal.)

Only problem is it has to be done by 30th of April. Would I be able to go into an O2 store in the morning and upgrade to O2, then pop back into the meteor store and upgrade back up in the same day or do you have to wait a certain amount of time between upgrades? It's hardly that easy??

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Personally I don't know, but thanks for the info. Going to wait until somebody informative posts then I'm going to do it too. That's like free data for the month. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Taken from the terms and conditions
    The Credit Offer is available to new prepaid customers to the Meteor network who have purchased a new Meteor prepaid account between the 1st of April 2011 and the 30th of April 2011 and who have moved or ‘ported’ their number to such account within thirty (30) days of purchase, save for any who have previously left the Meteor network within thirty (30) days prior to purchase (“Eligible Customers”).

You could try it though as they might not notice that your porting back so soon. Worth a try, worst case senario is your back to where you started.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I was told by Meteor themselves that once they're off the network for an hour and move back thats fine. That was direct from Meteor themselves... Time will tell though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I was told by Meteor themselves that once they're off the network for an hour and move back thats fine. That was direct from Meteor themselves... Time will tell though

Seems to easy a scam to double you're credit for there not to be something hidden in the T&C's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

I think I might try it tomorrow and I'll report back then.
    How much does it cost to upgrade to another network anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I work in the field, and I guarentee you it won't work. Porting is all done automatically and the computer systems will always discount any numbers that have recently ported out from any special offers.

O2 have the same offer however, why not just port to them and stay there? Free unlimited any network texts, €40 of credit, all for €20. Simples.

Vodafone have another similar offering, as fo three but three are pure ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

Cant hurt to try though?
    Practically everyone I know are Meteor so it would be a bit pointless. If everyone was on the one network the world would be a better place!

I rang to check and they're saying that you must be off at least 90 days

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement

That may be so, can you link me to that? I followed the terms and conditions link but its out of date ? This link makes reference to 90 days. I gather that if you move back sooner it will only be €240 credit available- would that be correct?
    New Handset/Sim Purchase – Porting Number
    Where a new prepaid customer to the Meteor network purchases and activates a handset and moving or ports' their number from another Irish mobile telephony network within the Offer Period, save for any who have previously left the Meteor network within the last three months prior to porting, they may avail of up to €240 phased credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

clonadlad wrote: »
    If everyone was on the one network

...you could be guarenteed you'd be paying for calls and texts to that network, and at a huge monopoly-related price increase ;)

sdonn wrote: »
    ...you could be guarenteed you'd be paying for calls and texts to that network, and at a huge monopoly-related price increase ;)

Reminds me of Telecom Éireann charging extra for calls outside your area code and charging even more for calling numbers more than 56km away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

O2 are doing a similar offer. So you could just move to O2 and stay there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

sdonn wrote: »

Things are bad enough as it is when there is supposed to be competition in the market.

Look at how they all jumped on the bandwagon when one started charging extra for international texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

Damn I didn't realise this ended at the end of the month, I'm in the same situation and would love to get this offer!!! Raging I didnt see it sooner now!! Maybe they'll bring it back! o2s offer isn't the same as it only has unlimited o2 to o2 texts!

Advertisement