Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squirting people with a water pistol from a car!

Options
  • 21-04-2011 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭

I followed a car yesterday evening, from the border outside Derry, through Bridgend and Burnfoot and on towards Buncrana. It was a lovely evening and lots of people were out for a run/cycle/walk/stroll. The eejits in the car in front were armed with super-soakers and were squirting everyone as they passed, sometimes veering the car closer to the kerb/hard shoulder to get a better shot. Am I on my own in thinking that this is out of order?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

it's just a bit of craic. i wouldn't mind it happening to me if it was a sunny day or was only soaked a small amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

^ You <snip>

*Edit - by myself, so i don't get a ban

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

It's all fun and games until someone mills a rock through their window :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

as long as its only water its harmless fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Of they crash into something because they aren't paying attention. Or scare someone into having an accident.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

This is how it all start off with these young uns... in no time at all there'll be at them drive by shootings :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It's not harmless.
    If you are cycling, you have no idea what the motorist is going to do, what is in the missile and you run the risk of crashing the bike or something getting in your eyes.
    I'd hold the driver responsible for any action of his passengers and would expect at the least to get a caution from a garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

Probably somebody trying to recreate the Songkran festival that happened in thailand a few days ago:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFBXeh5Qog8
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Songkran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Fine if people are expecting it and happy to play along. But surprising random people isn't smart.

Some local guys, thought it would be funny to lob balls at unsuspecting people at the local shop. They hit a woman in the head, who in surprise and fright, then stumbled fell and fractured her head on the pavement.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

wow,

lot of killjoys on here! (k maybe killjoys is to stong a waord but where is the sense of fun!)

i've had this happen to me before and at first i got a shock but it was minor and i laughed about it, they'll quickly get bored they are just looking for reaction. same reason kids egg cars, these people obviosly just haven't grown up.

Now if they are targeting old people/cyclists all the time or using something other than water THEN its an issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Me and my mates used to do it in the summer time to our friends when they pulled up in there car to chat, they would get a awful soaking from the 2 water pistols, wild craic.

we would also sit in the local town and squirt people walking past from behind, was good but not as funny a five euro note on a string or a 2 euro glued to the floor near the entrance to a shop, many a hour was spent laughing...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

I think this is just a bit of craic i don't think its a breakdown in society or anything pretty annoying if it happens to you.
    Another thing that happens maybe more frequently is people driving close to the kerb and soaking people walking from the puddles

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

cosanostra wrote: »
    Another thing that happens maybe more frequently is people driving close to the kerb and soaking people walking from the puddles
    The thought never entered my mind :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

It's good craic

Throwing a brick or golf ball and cracking their back window is good craic too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭chuckliddell

It's good craic

Throwing a brick or golf ball and cracking their back window is good craic too
    Or they're heads

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

snubbleste wrote: »
    It's not harmless.
    If you are cycling, you have no idea what the motorist is going to do, what is in the missile and you run the risk of crashing the bike or something getting in your eyes.

Exactly my thoughts.
    snubbleste wrote: »
    I'd hold the driver responsible for any action of his passengers and would expect at the least to get a caution from a garda.

The driver was at it too at one point, when someone was walking on the other side of the road. They were all messing in the car at one stage, pushing and shoving each other. I held back a bit as I thought they would cause an accident.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Dr. Fell

As I and my pubescent friends used to walk to the beach in SW DL we used to throw fistfuls of grass/flowers into the slow moving passing cars. When a tourist would stop to admonish us we used to tell them it was an ancient local welcoming custom.
    If I had the charisma and talent for lies that I had as a twelve year old I would be a millionaire now.......Memories

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I just pull out my shotgun and see if they want to take the challenge.

It also helps to have a headband,sleeveless top and to be smoking a cigar at the same time.

Advertisement