Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a beach

Options
  • 21-04-2011 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi,
    Am heading to the beach tomorrow. Am not originally from Kilkenny. Have been to Dunmore and Tramore in Co. Waterford before..anyone got any recommendations for any other beaches in Co. Waterford....about 1 hour drive from Kilkenny?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Curracloe (blue flag) in Wexford will take you a little longer but it's worth considering...
    Curracloe.jpg
    Curracloe11.jpg

Rosslare strand also down that direction too.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Woodstown is also a nice quiet spot, not a lot of amenities. Its past waterford on the way to dunmore east. You take a turn to the left, a few miles outside waterford. Would probably take about 50 mins with the new rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Davidian_ie

A drive to Duncannon beach is quite nice(it's Wexford but about one hour ten minutes drive). It's also on the Hook Head route.You can also get a short ferry across at Passage East to the Waterford side and the fishing village of Dunmore isn't too far away, if you fancy buying some fish to take home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 BO NER

Bonmahon in waterford ,its about 15 mins outside tramore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I second Curracloe, it's a fabulous place and gorgeous this time of year :) I'm heading down there soon enough myself, when we were younger we used to run down the big sand hill :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Annestown Beach which is also in County Waterford is one of my favourites. It's a little more relaxed and much smaller than regular beaches but much more scenic with cliffs and a rocky inlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ahfeckted

ok this may be enforced by childhood memories (u know vaseline on the lens of recall etc) plus its a little bit further to travel..ardmore co waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

bennyob wrote: »
    Woodstown is also a nice quiet spot, not a lot of amenities. Its past waterford on the way to dunmore east. You take a turn to the left, a few miles outside waterford. Would probably take about 50 mins with the new rd.

One of my fav beaches in waterford :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Stradbally, Co Waterford. On the coast road between Bonmahon and Dungarvan.

Advertisement