Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheques clearing time

Options
  • 21-04-2011 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭

I get regular cheques issued through boi but lodged in aib. Normally when i lodge it, it's in my account straight away. This week it was lodged on monday but still isn't cleared. Was there a change to the way they process it or should i be worried about the cheque?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Formal shorts

For proven customers who have been banking with them for a good while, AIB sometimes allow their customers to access the uncleared funds against a lodged cheque. There's no reason to worry unduly about the cheque - it is still going through the clearing cycle. It seems that AIB have decided not allow you to access the uncleared funds. That could be for any number of reasons, eg if you have had some unpaid or bounced items recently they are far less likely to allow you access to uncleared funds.

Best thing you can do is ring them Tuesday and ask why you haven't received instant access when you have received it up until now.

Advertisement