Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heritage waterford crystal shops in waterford?

• 21-04-2011 10:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

an ignorant Dub here who wants to take his foreign girlfriend down to Waterford to show her the city and the crystal tour. I believe that since the sad closing down of the main plant most of the crystal comes from Solvenia or Germany... but are there any shops around Waterford where you can purchase "real" Waterford crystal? I'll still take her on the tour but I don't think I could afford to buy the type of once off pieces they make there now. Alternatively, I've heard a little about heritage crystal based in Waterford. Does anyone know anything about them?

Any other suggestions on what to see or eat in the city on a day trip would be greatly appciated too. Irish pub grub would be fine as I'm showing her around Ireland ;)

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,691 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Waterford glass made in waterford is produced in the new tourist crystal centre, just not as much of it as was produced in the old factory. Not all the pieces are one-off pieces. That's not to say they are cheap! The new heritage place is up behind the cathedral and is very attractive and interesting. Not sure of the prices as I have not yet been in to the shop, just seen it from the outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Small local glass manufacture and craft shop and workshop near Christ Church Cathedral on Henrietta street.

Advertisement