Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pork chops defrosed..need to use them now !

Options
  • 21-04-2011 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

Dont eat them myself but left them for the family to cook and eat... came home . chops defrosed and still sitting there. Empy pizza boxes in front of them !!!
    Any ideas please for quick and easy recipe. Need to cook them tomorrow or chuck .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,496 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Dont eat them myself but left them for the family to cook and eat... came home . chops defrosed and still sitting there. Empy pizza boxes in front of them !!!
    Any ideas please for quick and easy recipe. Need to cook them tomorrow or chuck .

I like turning them into a Chinese style stir fry. Cut them in skinny strips (discarding all the fatty bits) and marinade them in sesame oil, garlic, 5 spice, sesame seeds (and / or teryiki and / or oyster sauce). Then stirfry them with whatever veg you have (anything goes - I like pak choi, mangetout, carrot, mushroom, red pepper, red onion, etc.) and serve with rice, noodles (or my favourite - rice vermicelli)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭antocann

yeh id say a nice stir fry or curry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Slow cooked BBQ pork chops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

stir fry it is. thanks :D

Let us know how you get on :)

I used to make stir fries based on sauces from packets etc. but they were always bland at best. Since I've started doing the marinading myself, they've been much nicer!

• Advertisement

BIG cheat but worked out well , or so they said .... cut the chops into strips, fried in the wok. Added loads of frozen grilled meditteranian veggies from ALDI. Added a packet of amoy chow mein sauce, served it with noodles. Thanks everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

invite all the boardies over to the party!

Added a packet of amoy chow mein sauce

Oh man, I used to do that :(

Sure it's edible and you won't get food poisoning from it, but is it a 3 or 4 out of 10 for taste?

unkel wrote: »
    Oh man, I used to do that :(

Sure it's edible and you won't get food poisoning from it, but is it a 3 or 4 out of 10 for taste?

No idea as I dont eat pork myself but they cleaned their plates ( well trained !! )

Advertisement