Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there nowhere private in Sligo?

Options
  • 21-04-2011 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

okay so basically I'm a 17 year old from sligo.. pretty average.. don't have a car.. can't get a job.. and broke. I need somewhere to take my girlfriend on a date. Not like a restaurant but a private place to have a picnic or something. But there really doesn't seem anywhere we can go to just hang out without interruption. If any of ye have any ideas of where ye went when e were younger or go now even, please let me know! thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

you could get the bus out to rosses point or strandhill

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I'd say you have more than a picnic in your head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MonkeyOnUrBack

no it really is just me trying to be nice :L i've tried doorley park and even the sligo glasshouse roof (which is a friggin awesome spot btw!) not much of a beach person tbh.. actually it's like the opposite of my comfort zone.. danger zone..? sounds a bit extreme.. call it a no-go-there zone but thank you XD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

hazelwood,doorly park,strandhill,rosses point(many good times here myself):D
    peace park either

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

no it really is just me trying to be nice :L i've tried doorley park and even the sligo glasshouse roof (which is a friggin awesome spot btw!) not much of a beach person tbh.. actually it's like the opposite of my comfort zone.. danger zone..? sounds a bit extreme.. call it a no-go-there zone but thank you XD

you could climb benbulben :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Dooney Rock, Slish Wood, the area around the Holy Well, The very far end of Doorley Park is quite private. Culeenamore in Strandhill, Knocknarae, The Glen down the road from it is lovely and secluded. Good luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Try getting into the vault of a bank, it should be pretty secluded there.

Failing that, you are spoiled for choice around sligo for somewhere quiet, relaxing, clean and with beautiful scenery to go to. Just pick a road, any road, walk out it for 20-30 minutes and you'll find somewhere nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭ct89

I have a nice shed going to waste

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

OP - whatever you do, use condoms ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

picnic????:pac::pac:...it is in me boll*x:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Heh heh heh, been there my friend :pac: My boyfriend and I used to go to the Peace park, Doorly park, and Cairn's wood. Cairn's wood is an especially nice place to go to hang out, have a nice walk, get some fresh air.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Cairns Hill ftw. Close to town (a mile from Pearse Road, if even), and since the carpark was closed due to numerous nocturnal nefarious goings on, all but forgotten about. Straight up by the race-course and after the road takes a sharp left, the carpark is on your right after a few hundred yards. There's a yellow barrier across the enterance. Not sure how much use the path gets these days so it may be a bit overgrown. Nobody likes overgrown bush, eh, my friend, eh?;)
    Remember to bring your litter home, whether it's a picnic or not. Actually, especially if it's not a picnic. Nobody likes that.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭edolan

Hazelwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Brite_Cloud

il gatto wrote: »
    Cairns Hill ftw. Close to town (a mile from Pearse Road, if even), and since the carpark was closed due to numerous nocturnal nefarious goings on, all but forgotten about. . .

Any more details on these "nefarious goings on"?

At least give us the year the car park was closed.

Any more details on these "nefarious goings on"?

At least give us the year the car park was closed.

Nothing too serious really. I think some minker drinking/bush boozing/hedge tippling. Occassional dodgy sorts hanging around in their cars. Also a bit of a make-out point. Been closed 4-5 years now, I think. Pity as there was a nice view down over the river and Hazelwood. Very romantic and....wait..I've said too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭NecroSteve

Someone broke their confirmation pledge on Good Friday and the place has been cursed ever since.

NecroSteve wrote: »
    Someone broke their confirmation pledge on Good Friday and the place has been cursed ever since.

As in last Friday? Bummer. Doesn't take legends long to develop these days:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Hungry Rock

okay so basically I'm a 17 year old from sligo.. pretty average.. don't have a car.. can't get a job.. and broke. I need somewhere to take my girlfriend on a date. Not like a restaurant but a private place to have a picnic or something. But there really doesn't seem anywhere we can go to just hang out without interruption. If any of ye have any ideas of where ye went when e were younger or go now even, please let me know! thanks :D

Your choices are very slim, perhaps the peace park behind the Hawks Well, Only thing is there is always some strange looking people hanging around there, but try it all the same.
    A couple bags of Molly's Chips and you are away with it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭johnboysligo

there isn't really any place in sligo you could bring a date on a picnic and be totally 100% private.

id suggest you walk though doorly park all the way up to and including the forest beside the water treatment plant and look for a nice burial picnic spot off the gravel path past the dock area.

thanks for all the suggestions!! heading out to doorley park tomorrow and strandhill sometime soon! =) oh and i don't really recommend peace park for chilling out unless you're a trained fighter.. :L ye guys have been great! thanks ^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Dooney rock and slish wood.

Might need to get a bike to cycle there.

Also one of the islands on the lake if you could get a boat.

Not sure if anyone rents boats anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

By any chance did you try carrowkeel tombs on Sunday last? there was a couple in the third tomb :eek: ..... thankfully our 3 and 5 year olds didn't see them!

Scarlet42 wrote: »
    By any chance did you try carrowkeel tombs on Sunday last? there was a couple in the third tomb :eek: ..... thankfully our 3 and 5 year olds didn't see them!

BAHAHAHHAA such a spot :L :L no it wasn't me :L we're looking for "out of the way" but that's kinda pushing it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Voodoo_rasher

I'm thinking you won't have her much longer!

try that nudey beach Trawalua near mullaghmore

Advertisement