Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry Cleaning

Options
  • 21-04-2011 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I dropped a dress into to be dry cleaned. However when I went to pick it up, they said that they couldn't get the stains out of the end of the dress. I was ok about that but when I checked the rest of the dress NONE of the stains had been removed. I refused to pay as they didn't do anything but they won't give me the dress til I pay up. Do I have any rights?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

You can ask them to try again and see if the stains come out or take it to the small claims court but in a lot of cases where there are stains if they dont come out in the first clean they will never come out.

you could also have a chat with them and see if the dress can be washed on a cold/delicate wash as it may be that it will take water and powder to clean the stains, do you know what made the stains?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jamescrowe

i dropped a suit into spotless cleaners in nicholas street got it back with a smell of bad socks also i gave them a white shirt that they turned grey on me. Does anyone know have i rights.

Advertisement