Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1000 build inside - change anything?

Options
  • 22-04-2011 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

sorry guys last thread i swear :o

asside from the things ive crossed out, which are going to a different build, this is what ill be getting myself potentially.
    would you change anything?

i already have the case, a coolermaster Storm Scout (which is going to need some serious dremmel modifications to fit that card :mad:)

and a CoolerMaster silent pro 600W PSU - will this cope with the OC'ing?

things i also need advice on is a good quiet 120mm fan to go onto the window on the side of the case, so it has to look kinda nice too, and only have LED's if they can be turned off for when i watch movies ect, and i cant find a 3.5" -> 5.25" adapter on HWVS, and i also need a 2.5" to 5.25" adapter.

156167.jpg

would i be better off saving money by getting the Asrock p67 extreme4 (or extreme6?)
    i went for a really expensive MoBo cause i want this to last through any upgrading i do over the next 4-5 years, but maybe the dual intel LAN and bluetooth are clouding my vision, and i could possibly save a load of money here? MSI also have some pretty good P67 Mobo's for cheaper yet.
    should i hold out for Z68?

am i overdoing it with the Noctua cooler? im not in the mood to waste money, only to get good lasting value.

incase it matters, this will be for pure gaming and movies. eyefinity is a possibility down the line when i get more money, and i already have an 80gb intel X25-m SSD, so no need for an SSD suggestion :)

thanks for any advice guys, everything will be appreciated and thanked.
    i just want my upgrade itch to go away :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Don't buy for bluetooth, you can pick up a USB one for a couple of euro. As for dual LAN, it's handy but probably not a feature that most people would use.
    There's also the three PCI-E slots.

I quite like the look of this MSI board - the GD65 although you'd only be saving €10. The GD53 is a fair bit cheaper and still retains most of the important features such as two PCI-E slots.

I believe in getting a good motherboard to build your system upon, but you have to be sensible when the money could go elsewhere.

I think your PSU should be OK with overclocking and that card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

would you see 3 pci-e slots as a disadvantage out of interest? the only problem i see with the p8p67 EVO is that if i do go down CFx/SLI, im left with no PCI slots (maybe 1 but then the second GPU's fan is going to be starved) and 1 PCIe slot..

also, is it possible to use a single card in the middle "white" PCIe instead of the top one, and would there be a drop in performance? it would mean less modding done to my case..

resource?articleId=43843&size=2&index=2

Of course 3 PCI-E slots isn't a disadvantage. A lot of the add in cards are moving away from PCI towards PCI-E now. Do you have any cards presently or plans to add in something?

You'd have to check the manual about using the white slot. A lot of motherboards don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

thanks. ill only be adding in a high quality wireless card (dual radio 5ghz) in the forseable future.

I suppose given that you were thinking of three screens (which could end you up the crossfire route) and a wireless card, the three slots makes sense. Go for the EVO or the Extreme 4.

• Advertisement
Advertisement