Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suitable for a mob trap?

• 22-04-2011 1:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if I made this slab into a hollow box 2 blocks high in the hollow bit, could it work as a mob trap? The kind where you kill them with lava and collect the drops?
    screenshotminecraft3.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

if you kill them with lava you get nothing out of them. lava destroys all. make it so that they drop through a hole in the ground into a pit. had to be at least 20 high or else they wont die. youtube skytraps to get an idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

if you kill them with lava you get nothing out of them. lava destroys all. make it so that they drop through a hole in the ground into a pit. had to be at least 20 high or else they wont die. youtube skytraps to get an idea.
    ORLY?

I know at least 3 people with lava mob traps on the Boards server.
    It doesn't kill them if you do it smart :cool:
    here's an example

i did not know that was possible. i learn new things every day. thank you. must try it now.

the one i have set up is a skytrap. just forces the monsters into a hole in a massive cube where they fall to their deaths.

the lava trap looks promising. you'll just have to make sure the lava doesnt spread.

i did not know that was possible. i learn new things every day. thank you. must try it now.

the one i have set up is a skytrap. just forces the monsters into a hole in a massive cube where they fall to their deaths.

the lava trap looks promising. you'll just have to make sure the lava doesnt spread.
    Ladders and signs all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

You need a three block clearance for mobs to spawn. Also, that video is not an "advanced" mob trap at all :P

• Advertisement

well that kid is retarded. still dont know how to build the "advanced" mob trap. since monsters only spawn when you near your location his one could be useless for all i know.

mine is very profitable.

thats looking up at it
    outsidemst.png

this is inside. the monsters spawn then get swept into the hole.
    insidemst.png

have more than this at the moment but this is the kind of loot i'd be looking at.
    inventorymst.png

You need a three block clearance for mobs to spawn. Also, that video is not an "advanced" mob trap at all :P
    I know it's basic, but I was think advanced as in this:

Looks like they only need 2 blocks...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Botulism wrote: »

That's the trap I built by my estate on the Boards server, works nicely now. :cool:

since monsters only spawn when you near your location his one could be useless for all i know.
    Good thing that my town and main house is on top of that slab then :D

screenshotminecraft1.png

How does it look so far?

Any help would be paid for handsomely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Botulism wrote: »

I've got 2 of these 1 on top of the other that feed into the same lava blade works great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

VinLieger wrote: »
    I've got 2 of these 1 on top of the other that feed into the same lava blade works great

Was thinking of doing the same, not sure I can face into clearing out the space again though - 30 x 80 and then a 2x2x80 channel along with what, 12 sets of 2x2x14 channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

That trap looks great. Might remake my two rooms into that design :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

mine is very profitable.

thats looking up at it
    outsidemst.png

this is inside. the monsters spawn then get swept into the hole.
    insidemst.png

How does that work? Where do they spawn and how do they get swept into a hole?

Advertisement