Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The australian pearl jam live @ the Button factory 12/5/2011

Options
  • 22-04-2011 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Live at the Button Factory Dublin, May 12th.

To celebrate the 20th anniversary of TEN, the australian Pearl Jam will be performing the entire album, live in all it's glory. Followed by a further hour of music spanning Pearl Jam's back catalogue.

Doors: 7:30pm
    Band on stage: 8:40pm approx
    Tickets: €7.50
    Available form ticketmaster & tickets.ie

http://ww2.buttonfactory.ie/profile.php?ID=2462

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Who puts a gig like this on the same day as Rush? Ten be great to hear in full.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Sounds good!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Looking forward to this. Has anyone ever seen 'em before?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭iomega

Hey folks, anyone who is coming along to the gig please note, we're on stage quiet early, 8:40pm approx (there's a club on after) Doors 7:30pm. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Wrighty82

Sucks to be competing with Rush on the same night. But I've heard if you want good Pearl Jam they they do the business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I am really looking forward to tonight. Love Pearl Jam for past 20 years, but just saw them the once in the O2 a few months back. Didn’t play my favourite “Black” though. Fair play to tribute bands. Great to be able to hear the live songs and at such a decent price.
    I wonder will there be many at this. I’ve never been to the Button Factory before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Really enjoyed that gig last night. For me, it was not too far of the real deal, but die hard PJ fans will probably disagree.
    Loved the “Ben Harper” bit at the end. I presume that was set up.
    Ten is a great album, but I've been to a few of these kind of gigs where bands play an album straight through. There is something kinda anticlimatic about it. I think part of the excitement of a gig is not knowing what song a band will play next.
    That being said, the versions of the songs played last night were top notch - Alive, Black, Garden, Porch etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

It was really good. They sounded fairly spot on but don't give you the same goose bumps as the genuine article. I don't think the Ben Harper thing was staged. I kinda know the guy who was on guitar from the Belfast PJ gig last year and I think he just went up when the crown was asked.

Also could have killed my stupid friend for getting them to announce my birthday. I hate when people do that, never mind being on the receiving end. Muffin cake was delicious though.

Advertisement