Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT

• 22-04-2011 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

just wondering could you fail the nct because your car is lowered? one of the wheels is rubing the arch when the wheel is fully locked! thanks in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

ballz wrote: »
    just wondering could you fail the nct because your car is lowered? one of the wheels is rubing the arch when the wheel is fully locked! thanks in advance!

They only generally fail them if they cant get the cars onto there equipment because of how low they are, I had a 60mm drop and was no where near having a problem with that so would say most would be okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭jimbob86

Yea my yoke rubs when locked aswell and flew threw the test :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

depends on the tester and if they've achieved their pass/fail quota for the day. if they've already reached their % of failures for the day your car will pass, even if it has no wheels.!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ballz

thanks for the help lads! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

washman3 wrote: »
    depends on the tester and if they've achieved their pass/fail quota for the day. if they've already reached their % of failures for the day your car will pass, even if it has no wheels.!!!

rubbish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

jimbob86 wrote: »
    flew threw
    Indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭jimbob86

biko wrote: »
    Indeed.

ha ha ha ha ha ha lol ha ha ha ha ha ha lol lol ha ha ha lol........................

ha ha ha.......lol ha ha ha lolol ha ha aha no i meant lol lol ha ha ha ha lol ha ha...thats funny because cars cant fly aha ha ha ha ha ha ha lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

washman3 wrote: »

as above i really doubt there are fail quotas.

my car is lowered 60mm and it passed with no problems, and my springs are red so i'm sure they were noticed.

i think if its done correctly with lowering springs or coilovers you will be fine, its just the likes of cut springs etc that fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

ballz wrote: »

Never mind the NCT ...your car fails at driving :D

Advertisement