Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Press

Options
  • 22-04-2011 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

Many people on here buy it I think its a cracking read. I always buy it when in Ireland and Londom much better than NME.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kevin Bacon

Don't know if its still like this, but always thought hot press had such a bewildering amount of text and articles crammed into every page it was difficult to read. Decent though once you got past that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Deise Dolly

You get a free CD if you sign up for the annual subscription, which is always a bonus. Agree with it being a bit crammed but at least it's better than page after page of mindless drivel about celebrities!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

They sideline metal and other popular genres in favour of bland singer-songwriter stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

I though the piece by Morrissey about the Queens visit to Ireland in the latest Hot Press was quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Burt Control

It's usually worth a look. The top story is a fun article about the David Norris campaign this week. The Thin Lizzy special that came out when the exhibition opened around Easter was excellent, 40 odd pages of Philo in one week! They should dip into their archives more often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

It was only recently I "got" the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Burt Control

"Hot Press" or "Burt Control"? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

There's never really much interesting in it and I find their music reviews lacking. The one thing I do give them props for is giving good coverage for up and coming Irish bands. The best music magazines in my view are Uncut and MOJO even though they're a bit on the pricey side and both certainly aren't perfect. But you can't go wrong with either of those and you get free CDs with both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Zero1986 wrote: »
    There's never really much interesting in it and I find their music reviews lacking. The one thing I do give them props for is giving good coverage for up and coming Irish bands. The best music magazines in my view are Uncut and MOJO even though they're a bit on the pricey side and both certainly aren't perfect. But you can't go wrong with either of those and you get free CDs with both.

Yeah if you like only music pre 1980 and specifically the Doors, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin. The amount of times I see any of those bands on the cover is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

niallo24 wrote: »
    Yeah if you like only music pre 1980 and specifically the Doors, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin. The amount of times I see any of those bands on the cover is ridiculous.
    In other words you've never actually read through one and you always judge a book by its cover. Yes they cover 60's and 70's music, and 80's and 90's, and right up to new music released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

I get it the odd time.
    Always keep up to date with the website. It was really good until every 2nd article became "what philomena lynott is doing!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

I don't get music magazines.

Advertisement