Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Broadband Only option

• 22-04-2011 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

Currently have Broadband and phone package with Vodafone Home and paying €47 a month. Don't really use the landline so I'm looking to save some cash and get broadband only. I don't find the dongles much use but still don't need a super-fast connection. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

finlma wrote: »
    Currently have Broadband and phone package with Vodafone Home and paying €47 a month. Don't really use the landline so I'm looking to save some cash and get broadband only. I don't find the dongles much use but still don't need a super-fast connection. Any suggestions?

Depends where you live-Digiweb Metro is good value and reliable.UPC is your best bet but not available everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Squalidflyer

I dont have access to UPC. If you are in the same boat i would stick to vodafone, as it is the best broadband as far as i can see, recently switched from vodafone to eircom as it seemed like a good deal, Problems with bill, crap broadband speed and initial issues with customer service.:confused: I have switched back to vodafone.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭novice

Is Imagine WiMax available in your area?
    €30 for 3Mb: http://www.imagine.ie/wimax_broadband.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

novice wrote: »
    Is Imagine WiMax available in your area?
    €30 for 3Mb: http://www.imagine.ie/wimax_broadband.html

Not broadband, not even comparable to broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Is 02 broadband worth a look. Its 20 euro... too good to be true ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭novice

jor el wrote: »
    Not broadband, not even comparable to broadband.

Care to elaborate? Do they not deliver 3Mb, or is 3Mb not fast enough? How does it compare with the 3G USB sticks from the phone networks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

novice wrote: »
    Care to elaborate? Do they not deliver 3Mb, or is 3Mb not fast enough? How does it compare with the 3G USB sticks from the phone networks?

Imagine's Wimax service is built on a network that is like a mobile network but to be honest can be worse at times everyone i've knew that had imagine wimax had to get rid of it because it was so inconsistant.

Advertisement