Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How I saved my mother from getting type2 diabetes

Options
  • 22-04-2011 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

My mother was a couple of years ago labeled as a pre-diabetic, she had elevated blood sugar. Her doctor told her the same BULL**** like every other doctors to eat plenty of fruit, wholegrains and the whole shebang.

She followed her doctor's instructions fully, the results were quite predictable. She still had elevated levels of blood sugar.

One year ago I told her to go on a low carb diet, since then she has not had any bread, rice or pasta. She also does not eat fruit because she has seen what it does to her blood sugar.

She used to have problems with swollen feet, these problems are gone now.

My mother called me yesterday and told me that she just had the result of her three month average blood sugar. The result: 4,8.

I have no medical education whatsoever but when my mother followed my advice instead of her doctor's she became better, she feels better and her blood sugar is lower and more stable. Why is it that a person with no medical education is able to give better advice that works better than a doctor with heaps of education who should now what he's doing?

In fact I think my mother should sue her doctor for trying to make her ill and develop type2 diabetes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

I agree with you. I don't know why Doctors don't know the impact of low carb or low sugar diet.

I had high blood pressure, liver problems (condition called NASH) and depression and was on medication for 2 of these conditions.

I then went on a low carb diet and within 4 weeks I came off my blood pressure meds and within 6 months my liver was 100% better. My moods stabilized and I lost 3 stone. I find it hard to stick to and the weight has crept back on a bit but I am a believer in this type of diet. Sugar is much worse for you then fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭whiteonion

It's to bad that many people with type-2 diabetes blindly trusts every word their doctors are saying. If they had listened to someone like me instead they would be much better of for it.

There are people who say to me, you don't know anything because you don't have any medical education, but now I have proof that I'm better than most doctors "treating" people with pre-diabetes or type-2 diabetes.

Taxpayers fork out ridiculous money to doctors and all they do is make people sicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

whiteonion wrote: »
    It's to bad that many people with type-2 diabetes blindly trusts every word their doctors are saying. If they had listened to someone like me instead they would be much better of for it.

There are people who say to me, you don't know anything because you don't have any medical education, but now I have proof that I'm better than most doctors "treating" people with pre-diabetes or type-2 diabetes.
    Taxpayers fork out ridiculous money to doctors and all they do is make people sicker.

you have one anecdote. thats not proof.

please dont come in here touting anything as a cure without scientific proof.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement