Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike hire in Sligo?

Options
  • 22-04-2011 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

I'm living in Sligo for the next couple of months and am hoping to take up cycling ... was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere I might be able to hire a bike the odd day (preferably as cheaply as possible!!)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

not sure about town but I know for sure that there is a bike hire in strandhill. its right at the beach front. have no number for them, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭redz11

ge_ch wrote: »
    not sure about town but I know for sure that there is a bike hire in strandhill. its right at the beach front. have no number for them, sorry

Thanks - I found that place through Google earlier, but the prices seem pretty steep (€10 for four hours or €14 for up to eight hours.) I've no idea what the usual prices would be for bike hire, but that's definitely more than I could afford if I was hoping to do it on a regular basis! I'm guessing that place is very much tourist-oriented and therefore over-priced, because of the location, was thinking there might be somewhere cheaper in town maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Was going to say Strandhill my self. Also try Garys Cycles on Quay Street, if he doesn't, am sure he will point you in the direction of someone who does.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Flanagan's used to hire bikes:
    http://www.flanagancycles.com/pages/Home

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

redz11 wrote: »
    I'm living in Sligo for the next couple of months and am hoping to take up cycling ... was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere I might be able to hire a bike the odd day (preferably as cheaply as possible!!)

Thanks!

Might not be an option but If you're gonna use it even twice a week for next couple of months will prob add up to nearly 200euro - might be worth buying something cheap but new and going for a resale at the end of the couple of months to get a few euro back.

I know Halfords have bikes for around e150 - though we're not talking high end. With hopefully a resale might only put you 100euro out of pocket for unlimited use over the couple of months.

• Advertisement
Advertisement