Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy remakes on PSN.

Options
  • 22-04-2011 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

Just found out Final Fantasy I and II have been released for EU PSN. They're the updated PSP versions and are only a tenner each. Final Fantasy V, from Final Fantasy anthology, is also out for a tenner. Wiki says Final Fantasy VI is released too but I couldn't find it on PSN.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PSOne_Classics

Anyone know it's release date? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

You wouldn't want it. I have the original disc and the loading times are pretty dire from what I can remember. It's like 2-3 seconds just to open the menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

megaten wrote: »
    You wouldn't want it. I have the original disc and the loading times are pretty dire from what I can remember. It's like 2-3 seconds just to open the menu.

I don't think it will be like that on PSP. I got FF V from PSN and it's from FF anthology too and there is little to no loading time. Maybe because I'm using the option to make PS1 one games load faster on PSP. I'll have to check when I can actually log into PSN...:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I remember the load times being awful as well. Also I hope people know what they are getting themselves in for. Final Fantasy is great but very old school. FF2 on the other hand is god awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

If it can eliminate loading times then its fine. I only said because FFIX still has horrendous loading times with the psn version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    FF2 on the other hand is god awful.

I think FF2 has a certain charm about it. Even if the best way of going about getting stronger is by attacking yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

FF6, is it up on the US PSN yet? Thought news of its release was only recent.

Load times on the PS1 version released in the EU was crap, I can only assume the load times in Anthonology are also crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

noodler wrote: »
    FF6, is it up on the US PSN yet? Thought news of its release was only recent.

Load times on the PS1 version released in the EU was crap, I can only assume the load times in Anthonology are also crap.

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/features/final-fantasy-6-rated-by-esrb-for-psp-and-ps3/

don't know if there's any news when the European release is but I can't wait.

Advertisement