Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the best Sunday lunch in Cork

Options
  • 22-04-2011 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

We will be in Cork for the long weekend and as it is Easter Sunday we are wondering where is the best place for Sunday lunch in the Cork area.

We are staying near Blarney and don't want to travel more than 30 minutes or so. We have young kids (youngest is 4) so we need somewhere that is child friendly.

As much as we love Kinsale I know it will be manic, especially with the good weather, so all suggestions much appreciated, City or County.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

At me Ma's.;)

Ecos in Douglas - great value and very good food. (a wee bit cramped is the only criticism I have).

http://www.eco.ie/

Book now - seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

If you're looking for something more down market but super relaxed and child freindly with decent food and you are in the Kinsale area then Hurleys Bar in Ballinspittle is a great spot.

Hurleys is a real community bar and kids run around the place like they're in their front room - the food is decent bar food and they do a nice pint. Super relaxed is the clincher though. (The Old Head cliffs and beaches are 2 mins away).

http://www.hurleysbar.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Could try the Viaduct I think they are loverly..Nice area for kids to run around too http://www.viaductinn.com

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

Blairs Inn near Blarney is nice and if prepared to travel 30 mins The Elm Tree in Glounthane is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

+ 1 for the Elm tree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

soho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Bit late now but Blarney Golf Resort is lovely for lunch if you're still there tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭uriah

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Bit late now but Blarney Golf Resort is lovely for lunch if you're still there tomorrow.

Waterloo Inn (pub) near Blarney has excellent food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Thanks to all.

As we were heading to Cobh The Elm Tree it was and the kids were no problem. Food was lovely, lovely setting, lovely weather.

Great day and then Cork scored that winning point...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

I'd recommend the Viaduct Inn also - whenever I get back to Cork I usually try to make it there for a Sunday Dinner...

• Advertisement
Advertisement