Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vector and Digitising

Options
  • 22-04-2011 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I have a club logo (jpeg) which I want to get turned into vector format for posters etc...Also want to get it digitised for embroidery reasons. Most places who embroid keep the file and don't release it so want a copy for ourselves.

Any recommended websites for a decent price?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 V B

Hey Darando,

If you are looking to get some embroidery done check out Irish crest in East wall Dublin. They are a trade embroider and the most reasonable around.

Embroiderers won't turn your jpeg into vector, they use DST files which are not of print quality for posters and the like.

Your best bet is a graphic designer. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Yeah you can't just turn a jpeg into a vector. You need a graphic designer who can work in Adobe Illustrator. The designer then makes the logo from scratch in the program based on what you give him.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Yeah you can't just turn a jpeg into a vector. You need a graphic designer who can work in Adobe Illustrator. The designer then makes the logo from scratch in the program based on what you give him.

Wrong. It depends on the complexity of the image! Why Illustrator? There are other vector programs...

Maybe the OP might post up his design.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Link to image?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

bette wrote: »
    Wrong. It depends on the complexity of the image! Why Illustrator? There are other vector programs...

Why NOT Illustrator may I ask ?

• Advertisement

Very profound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

bette wrote: »

subz3r0 isn't wrong - I've never once encountered an image file that could be converted to a vector-based file, regardless of complexity, at the click of a button. Sure there are lots of programmes that promise to do it but if you're telling me the outputted file wouldn't need tidying up afterwards you're wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Indesign handled things like text paragraphs, margins, columns, much much better. And it's probably the easiest of the three programs to figure out. YouTube is your friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

banquo wrote: »
    Indesign handled things like text paragraphs, margins, columns, much much better. And it's probably the easiest of the three programs to figure out. YouTube is your friend!

indesign to create a vector image? Eh I don't think so.

cormee wrote: »
    subz3r0 isn't wrong - I've never once encountered an image file that could be converted to a vector-based file, regardless of complexity, at the click of a button. Sure there are lots of programmes that promise to do it but if you're telling me the outputted file wouldn't need tidying up afterwards you're wrong.

You can easily do that in PhotoPlus X4! You simply open the bitmap file and export as an autotraced metafile which is a vector format! Naturally the output image would need tidying up, depending on the complexity.

Now if the OP were to attach his image we might get a better idea of how complex his image is...

I'm assuming that he/she has some spot colours which would be easily worked!

Finally, as the OP hasn't come back there's no reason to continue the debate! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Valdez

Hi mate, if you want to get that logo digitised for embroidery, I have a friend that can do it for around 40 euros or less, depending on the size and give it to you on disc. and I can embroider it for you. I got a Brother PR600 machine here. Let me know if you need help mate.

Advertisement