Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying and insuring a moped / scooter. Cheapest option?

• 22-04-2011 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks.

I have a full clean drivers licence for a car, however for work reasons I may have to buy a moped soon.

I have never looked into this before and know very little about mopeds.

However if I was to buy one (probably second hand) and get it insured, (I’m 35 years old), what would be the cheapest way to go about this.

I’m buying a moped because me and my wife have only one car and I definitely can’t afford a second car..!!

So if you were in my situation what would you go for?

Any info greatly appreciated Folks.

B

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=577
    There are loads of threads about this recently, spend half an hour reading that forum and you'll find out everything you need to know. Anything else just ask

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Thread moved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Whats your commute actually like? 50cc mopeds can be "difficult" to drive outside of 50kph city center routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Macker19

You'd be better with a 125cc scooter like a Suzuki an125 or a burgman 125

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Whats your commute actually like? 50cc mopeds can be "difficult" to drive outside of 50kph city center routes.

Thanks for all the replies Folks.

Apologies for the repitition of the thread, I googled "scooter moped boardd.ie" but got an old thread from 2002.

The commute I'd be looking at would hopefully be North County Dublin only. No M50. No Southside. No Westside.
    Hopefully no more than a half hour commute.

Thats the plan anyway.

Thanks Folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Hi Folks,

I've been offered a moped for €250 from a reputable source.

Now all I need is a few lessons, a license and insurance for a 50cc moped.
    I heard Aon Bike care are t eway to go, although I see there's already a thread on this
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056153271

But how about lessons?

I've a full drivers license and have been driving for a few years, how would you go about lessons?

Thanks in advance Folks.

Advertisement