Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ideas for hol with 12 year old girl dingle area

Options
  • 22-04-2011 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi,

I am heading to the Dingle area on an easter break with my 12 yr old daughter. I dont know the area well can you suggest some ideas for things to do.

We are bringing bikes with us. Can you suggest any safe scenic routes to cycle.

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Lovely idea - but as luck would have it for you the Rás na Mumhan cycle race starts today (Friday) and Saturdays stage is - guess where? - - Dingle! The route will be out to Slea Head, Ventry, Ballyferriter etc and up to the Conor Pass. It will fly along but these roads would be out for yourselves on that day. Might be nice to catch a glimpse of them though?
    If you'd prefer to go cycling on the Saturday the best places will be east of Dingle - Lios Póil, Annascaul or Inch. Theres a lovely cycle from Annascaul Bridge up to Annascaul Lake - - leave your car in the village - I wouldnt cycle out from Dingle - too far and too dangerous on the main road.
    You could cycle down to Minard beach and Castle also. Leave your car at the pub in Garrynadur and head for the sea. Its quite hilly though but the views are excellent and its never too busy.
    From Sunday on you could do the traditional route out to Slea Head etc - its a lovely view but the road is narrow and will be busy :( You might be better to keep away from the Slea Head route and head instead maybe for Brandon Creek, Carraig, Feohanach, Burnham, Garfinney etc. Your B&B, Hotel etc or any local would point you to any of them.
    The roads are as good/bad as everywhere after the winter weather so take it handy. :)

If the weather turns damp theres loads to do/see in Dingle itself too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭ct89

Ive an aul shed if yas are bored?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

The aquarium in Dingle is brilliant, well worth a look -> www.dingle-oceanworld.ie

Advertisement