Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Accomodation?

Options
  • 22-04-2011 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Hoping to go to UCD next year, and at the open day, I was talking to another student who was telling me about " Bord na Gaeilge" or something, where you are part of a group that speak Irish and promote Irish around the UCD campus? He also mentioned something about getting price off accomodation on campus if you were part of this group.
    Anyone know where I could find out more information?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Hey,

This would appear to be the info you're looking for. The application form is on the page. It looks like the closing date is 29th of April.

Teach na Gaeilge

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

As well as the Scéim Chónaithe mentioned above, next year there will be an option for all registering on campus to be put in with people who are happy to speak Irish, no scholarship involved, just to be amongst other Irish speakers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cxh20y

Thats brilliant.Thanks a million. Gingy, you don't know where I could find out more info on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Gingy wrote: »
    As well as the Scéim Chónaithe mentioned above, next year there will be an option for all registering on campus to be put in with people who are happy to speak Irish, no scholarship involved, just to be amongst other Irish speakers.

Better than sticking them all in the one house and segregated from the rest of the campus and promoting nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭laoiserick

Hi, just bumping up this thread. I could be heading to UCD next year - if the leaving goes well! And I'm very interested in living in the teach gaeilge. Does anyone know what percentage of the rent is taken off if you live here? I doesn't say on the website!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

laoiserick wrote: »
    Hi, just bumping up this thread. I could be heading to UCD next year - if the leaving goes well! And I'm very interested in living in the teach gaeilge. Does anyone know what percentage of the rent is taken off if you live here? I doesn't say on the website!

I think it's around 60% off-so you pay 40% of the normal rent. I might be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭laoiserick

Thanks, HavingCrack... I heard the figure 40% being thrown around.. .so whether that's 40% off or only paying 40% of the normal rent is the question! I hope you're right!

Advertisement