Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did you start seriously studying for the Junior?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I plan to study from about 1st June. I know everything so whats the point in learning?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

mixery wrote: »
    I plan to study from about 1st June. I know everything so whats the point in learning?:confused:

Sure... :pac:

Study Science. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭HeisenbergBB

About a month. The exams themselves are alot more daunting than what is being asked. Its just preparation for the LC. Dont Panic you'll be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

I have to say I'm very proud of myself! I've always procrastinated and left everything (if anything!) to the last second. I did out a study timetable for the last 4 weeks of school and plan to have every chapter revised in all subjects about a week before the exams so I still have time to do more study. It's worked so far but does include doing 15 chapters in Geography, 13 in Business and 11 in Science a week though :)...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I fail at study. Plans don't work for me after a few days, and right now I'm just trying to get a bit done each night to make myself feel slightly better about how little I've been doing all year, and how little I'm doing right now. You'd think the fact that this is all going to be over in a little more than a month would motivate me into studying. No such luck...I also blame Eurovision for my study-related problems this week.

I'm starting to get a bit worried about the whole thing but tbh...I think if I'd been studying all year but still had the same amount of knowledge in my head as I do now without doing that (does that make any sense?) I'd feel really calm about the whole thing...I feel bad about not studying, but I don't feel particularly screwed for anything...if it wasn't for my high expectations, I'd be bouncing off walls.

Right now I'm pretty much trying to revise the whole courses of History, Geography and Science. Science is going swimmingly, Geography's alright and History revision isn't going too well, but I love History and probably don't need to study a whole lot for it anyway. I'm ignoring English until the days before it kicks off, I'm planning on learning a load of French letter phrases, I'm pretty much ignoring Irish other than trying to improve at grammar, I'll go over my maths theorems and constructions some time before the exam, I almost feel over-confident for Business and as for CSPE, well, it'll be grand...I couldn't care less about what grade I get for Home Ec either, night before studying I'm thinking. :pac:

Fair play to anyone who actually read that, just me unloading my study angst...meh, I'm a failure at studying and I'm most likely not going to get the results I've been hoping but meh, it'll be grand. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 dandeman619

Slow Show wrote: »
    I fail at study. Plans don't work for me after a few days, and right now I'm just trying to get a bit done each night to make myself feel slightly better about how little I've been doing all year, and how little I'm doing right now. You'd think the fact that this is all going to be over in a little more than a month would motivate me into studying. No such luck...I also blame Eurovision for my study-related problems this week.

I'm starting to get a bit worried about the whole thing but tbh...I think if I'd been studying all year but still had the same amount of knowledge in my head as I do now without doing that (does that make any sense?) I'd feel really calm about the whole thing...I feel bad about not studying, but I don't feel particularly screwed for anything...if it wasn't for my high expectations, I'd be bouncing off walls.

Right now I'm pretty much trying to revise the whole courses of History, Geography and Science. Science is going swimmingly, Geography's alright and History revision isn't going too well, but I love History and probably don't need to study a whole lot for it anyway. I'm ignoring English until the days before it kicks off, I'm planning on learning a load of French letter phrases, I'm pretty much ignoring Irish other than trying to improve at grammar, I'll go over my maths theorems and constructions some time before the exam, I almost feel over-confident for Business and as for CSPE, well, it'll be grand...I couldn't care less about what grade I get for Home Ec either, night before studying I'm thinking. :pac:

Fair play to anyone who actually read that, just me unloading my study angst...meh, I'm a failure at studying and I'm most likely not going to get the results I've been hoping but meh, it'll be grand. :p
    Literally thinking the same as yourself? How did you get on in the exam

Advertisement