Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DivX Encoding with 3rd party software

Options
  • 22-04-2011 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Hi there I have a 3rd party software called HandyAvi that I sometimes use to make timelapses. It used to work perfect before and it ask you to choose codec. I found the DivX codec always gave the best results.

I reformatted my laptop lately and can't get HandyAvi to find the DivX codec. I've tried everything. I've emailed the HandyAvi support team and they said to make sure it is a Direct Show Driver and that it is registered with regsvr32 - I've tried doing that with the ax files.

I am running Windows 7 x64 and downloaded the latest DivX. I had my DivX pro key from previous and that registers fine.

My setup is exactly the same as what it was previously but HandyAvi doesn't seem to 'see' the DivX codec. I think it is 'encoding' I need to be doing so I'm not sure if I've the 'encoding codec' installed (if that makes any sense). It says on DivX pro page 'create your own DivX/Avi files with 3rd party software' etc.

Any advice or does anyone know anything on this please? Thanks it is driving me mad.

Advertisement