Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sun cream for face

Options
  • 22-04-2011 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a sun cream specifically for my face (I have sensitive skin, prone to blemishes) that's suitable for vegetarians?

I'm also looking for tinted moisturizer for very pale skin, suitable for vegetarians. I was thinking of mineral foundation, but I'm quite wary of the stuff to be honest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭ct89

<Mod note: User banned for 1 month for trolling and offensive post>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

there's a list here which may be helpful

I used the Jason Kids one on my daughter last summer when she was a couple of months old so I'd say that's pretty good for sensitive skin!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Badger sunscreen is a good natural chemical free sunscreen...

http://www.badgerbalm.com/p-372-spf-30-for-face-body.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

If you do decide to try mineral foundation, I'd recommend Lilylolo. Their stuff is vegan and they have a great range of shades. Porcelain is very very pale https://www.lilylolo.co.uk/products/porcelain-pale-foundation
    Maybe try a cheap starter kit first as they come with a few similar shades!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 pinkplastic

not sure about sunscreen but have you heard of micabella cosmetics? they're in most debenhams, bit pricey but their range of make up is fantastic and all natural. their mineral foundation is great for sensitive skin types

• Advertisement

I forgot about Yaoh products, they might fit the bill for sunscreen

http://www.yaoh.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ButterflyGirl23

You can try Emani for the foundation, they are vegan. My friend works in the beauty industry and says their products are really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Thanks all, duly noted!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 aFineDayToExit

Hey, having sensitive skin that can be prone to eczema anytime I try to put any sort of cream onto my face, I was literally hiding from the sun as I would get burned badly, but a chemist in town recommended La Roche-Posay sun cream......it did the job and its free from Parabens and all that other crap that they put into most sun creams.only thing is it is a bit pricey but cheaper than cancer treatment :P

La Roche-Posay

they are owned by L'Oreal who are one of the most notorious companies in the world for animal testing :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 aFineDayToExit

Jaysus, didn't realise that!! cheers for the heads up

Advertisement