Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMORPG Survey

Options
  • 22-04-2011 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Another survey for my research. Again, quite short (only five questions).

I've been doing a number of MMORPG / online community related surveys over the last few months, and will be doing a few more in the future, so I'm looking to get together an email list of people interested in taking more such surveys and perhaps taking part in an experiment.

If interested, please drop me a PM.

Anyway, current survey link is as follows:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MFP68WN

Please forward this on to anyone you think would be interested. Thanks again :D

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Done, but I'd raise an objection to the question about LambaMoo versus Eve Online, since in the case of Eve, theft and spying are aspects of the game, often celebrated and headline grabbing ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

Spear wrote: »
    Done, but I'd raise an objection to the question about LambaMoo versus Eve Online, since in the case of Eve, theft and spying are aspects of the game, often celebrated and headline grabbing ones.

I don't disagree - which is why I included the other comment section, as I imagine a lot of people will state same. I couldn't seperate the scenarios though, as they were chosen for a particular project.

Thanks for the feedback and for taking the survey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 halfpin

Hi all,

Another survey for my research. Again, quite short (only five questions).

I've been doing a number of MMORPG / online community related surveys over the last few months, and will be doing a few more in the future, so I'm looking to get together an email list of people interested in taking more such surveys and perhaps taking part in an experiment.

If interested, please drop me a PM.

Anyway, current survey link is as follows:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MFP68WN

Please forward this on to anyone you think would be interested. Thanks again :D

Done can i ask what the purpose of the survey is. Are you planning on creating your own MMORPG ?

halfpin wrote: »
    Done can i ask what the purpose of the survey is. Are you planning on creating your own MMORPG ?

No no. I'd need a lot more help and funding than what's at my disposal for that. It's to do with a paper that I'm writing.

Thanks for contributing - if you're interested in taking more, and possibly taking part in an experiment, send me a PM.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What kind of experiment?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 halfpin

No no. I'd need a lot more help and funding than what's at my disposal for that. It's to do with a paper that I'm writing.

Thanks for contributing - if you're interested in taking more, and possibly taking part in an experiment, send me a PM.

KK thanks I will send you a pm as long as the surveys are about MMORPGs as I have an intrest in them myself because I run one. Know this sounds cheeky but do you share the info which you obtain from the surveys or have you a link where you publish the data

Spear wrote: »
    What kind of experiment?

Details aren't fully thrashed out yet, but from a user point of view, you'll be playing an MMORPG with a variety of tasks to accomplish.
    halfpin wrote: »
    KK thanks I will send you a pm as long as the surveys are about MMORPGs as I have an intrest in them myself because I run one. Know this sounds cheeky but do you share the info which you obtain from the surveys or have you a link where you publish the data

The data will be made available in the paper once it is published.

Advertisement