Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kylebrack, Loughrea

Options
  • 22-04-2011 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi everyone
    Just wondering if anone could help me with a bit of general information about the area posted above.
    Im going there for a few weeks in a couple of months and just wanted to hear any advice on what the area is like
    is it right out in the sticks? whats it like for shops and things like that.

any help would be much appreciated
    many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Kylebrack is fairly rural, there is a grocery/general hardware/filling station which is also the post office. don't know about bars and the like but there isn't a whole lot, unless you go into loughrea.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 elizamai

Thanks biko ! tried looking for a streetview didnt look hard enough ! and sorry about posting in the wrong sub section !

thank you also redshift i guessed it was going to be mostly rural, and pretty isolating as i dont drive , do you have any idea on the transport links there ?

thanks for all the help !

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Kylebrack is in the middle of nowhere. If you like peace and quiet you will get it there. Bring a pint of milk with you because the nearest shop is miles away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

elizamai wrote: »
    Thanks biko ! tried looking for a streetview didnt look hard enough ! and sorry about posting in the wrong sub section !

thank you also redshift i guessed it was going to be mostly rural, and pretty isolating as i dont drive , do you have any idea on the transport links there ?

thanks for all the help !

I'm afraid I don't know about public transport, I visit the post office from time to time as part of my work. Give the post office a call, the people who run it are nice enough, they would probably know.

• Advertisement

Kylebrack is in the middle of nowhere. If you like peace and quiet you will get it there. Bring a pint of milk with you because the nearest shop is miles away.

party central then...maybe not ! alot of walking shall be done them few weeks then or just got to live with black coffee

no problem redshift thank you for all your help, i shall give them a ring for a little more info

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

O'Donnells is the name of the shop, as far as I know it closes after 6 and on Sundays too. There's the Hill Bar as well which can be good craic (was only there once, it proved to be good craic).

There's also a nice forest walk and pony riding as well. I doubt there is any public transport but a taxi into or home (tell him to mind the deer crossing the road at the Hill bar) from Loughrea is doable. Might be worth getting a bike if you are going to be around for a few weeks, there's plenty of quiet roads to cycle on. You should be able to get lifts off the locals as well - again ask at O'Donnells.

Any more questions, fire away, I'm fairly familiar with the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

O'Donnells shop closes at 7 pm Mo-Fri, 6 on Sat and is open til 12 on Sundays.

I live in the Kylebrack area and it is very rural, very quiet and scenic. I think there is a bus going every Friday from Woodford into Loughrea or maybe Galway (not sure as I drive myself but heard peeps mentioning it). The nearest pub would be the Hill Bar or the pub in Duniry.

Thank you so much hoody and egar for the info

good to know theres a pub and shop...but more so pub :D

wow its going to be a bit of a culture shock coming from a big city ..were theres a bus every 10 mins

so for a non driver is quite difficult to get into loughrea ?
    and is it quite a safe place in general? (i guess so being that rural)

thanks again !

Advertisement