Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repaying Credit Union Loan Query

Options
  • 22-04-2011 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

Hello,

I am looking to get a credit union loan to pay off my credit card bill which is crippling me with the huge fees. I was wondering, is it possible to pay off the credit union loan through direct debit. I imagine it is, but you'd never know. My credit union is in Cork and I am not there anymore so obviously can't go into them each week or month. I've never heard of anyone doing it, and I have asked people but they don't know. Didn't see anything on the website either.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yes, paying via DD is pretty standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭lecker Hendl

Ya I know it is, but with the Credit Union, I wasn't so sure. That's the thread finished so!

Thanks.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Depends on the CU, from what I've seen. Some do direct debits, but others will need a standing order.

Advertisement