Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyclists Camaraderie

• 22-04-2011 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Was doing my 100k spin this morning preparing for the WW200, had three (!!!) punctures in a row with a prospect of walking on my cleats all the way from Roundwood to Dundrum.

However it wasn't going to be as the two good chaps from Bray Wheelers have not only offered me a spare, but also found a tear in the tyre, patched it, put the tube in, inflated and gave me back my bike - all ready to go! It was like a cyclist AA, no less.

Guys, if either of you is reading this - many thanks again! I made it home no problem and almost in time ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭get on your bike

If there was a like button I'd press it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Thats great to hear,you met some decent lads.All I came across was grumpy riders out training today who could'nt be bothered to even nod back to me as I acknowledged them on the coast road from Howth to Fairview!:mad: Maybe they were grumpy because the pubs are closed??;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Thats great to hear,you met some decent lads.All I came across was grumpy riders out training today who could'nt be bothered to even nod back to me as I acknowledged them on the coast road from Howth to Fairview!:mad: Maybe they were grumpy because the pubs are closed??;)

You need a better nod.

Talk to this guy.

5pM1Z5tqTn9n1cu0HIMb6Jyio1_400.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

stas wrote: »
    Was doing my 100k spin this morning preparing for the WW200, had three (!!!) punctures in a row with a prospect of walking on my cleats all the way from Roundwood to Dundrum.

However it wasn't going to be as the two good chaps from Bray Wheelers have not only offered me a spare, but also found a tear in the tyre, patched it, put the tube in, inflated and gave me back my bike - all ready to go! It was like a cyclist AA, no less.

Guys, if either of you is reading this - many thanks again! I made it home no problem and almost in time ;)

100k!!! are you messing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭robertxxx

I done 9k and thought i was gooooooood, but it was only my second day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

three punctures in a row? get some better tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stas

robertxxx wrote: »
    100k!!! are you messing?

as in 'km' :-)
    _sparkie_ wrote: »
    three punctures in a row? get some better tyres.

yes, went to CSS next morning

Advertisement