Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHAT ABOUT MAH LEGS, CHARLIE MURPHY??!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Clean and jerk: up to 90 for 2 singles, failed the clean at 95 a few times, kinda strength, kinda voodoo. Not snapping properly so leaving 'er forward. Jerk seems to be better than clean at the moment, both are terrible!

NHNF: 55x2 60x1, kept looping 60 behind.

backular squat: singles to 110, back is still sore so didn't go any higher. FS: 80x5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Dead Ed wrote: »
    May have to start training in the mornings :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

That would be my worst nightmare, I can't even walk straight in the mornings. Good luck with that, but a man's gotta do what a mans gotta do.

howtomake wrote: »
    That would be my worst nightmare, I can't even walk straight in the mornings. Good luck with that, but a man's gotta do what a mans gotta do.

It hasn't come to that yet thank christ!

Santry today. Everyone was doing single leg stuff. I blame Hedley :P

Snatch: two singles 85kg, another two almost singles (brain farts on recovery) a few more misses in there too (looped). Gonna have some bruises on the hips too.

Back squat: erm, double or triple at 100.

Rack jerk: 80-85-90-95-100-100

clean voodoo work: up to 75 for various doubles, clean@80 +3 jerks.

Rest periods were dictated by how long it took to recover full consciousness.

Think I need a dedicated squat day or something. It's hard to give it proper attention when I've done a bunch of snatches and or other stuff that fries my brain.

Forgot: did a bunch of squat jerks around 40kg. Missed one behind, it was not nice. I stopped then.

Tired. left work too late for gym, squatted zu hause; 5x66-76-86-96-96. I'm incapable of generating any tension whatsoever, it's ridiculous! I need to work on my no-bility.

• Advertisement

Same conditions as monday, FS 86x3x3 (wider stace, felt ok), back squats (wide again) 3x8 @66. "Wide" is barely shoulder width!
    zzzzzzzzz

Clean and jerk: double at 85, single at 90, back squat 100x5
    back is unhappy again.

Tired Ed is tired, trainin at home again. Back is still a bit pissy so kept squats reasonable, 96x2x5 again
    press: 46kg, 5-5-10
    pullups: 6-8-14
    side raises and filler crap.

Light rdlz: 3x15x66kg, frontal squat: 66x3, scap things, I-rows, sliding lunges (need to set something up for these, seem ok but I still have an intense and indescribable hatred for single leg stuff)

Back improved a bit. Need to really focus on bracing. I'll get my photo taken with Pavel and that should sort it. I think that's how these things work.

Snatch: 70x2, 80x1, 85x2xf, clarked a snatch for the first time since october 2010!
    Power jerk: dodgy double at 80, these are still weird, I should practice them more as my landing is ****.
    jerk proper: 85x2, 90x1, 95x2x1

Right, squatting is currently a bad idea at the moment, sooo

Funkshunal leg press:
    100kg+sledx5x10. Feet high and down to the stops. I've seen ****ers moving close to 400kg on this thing.
    Leg Kurl: 60-75kg, prolly 80 reps or so.

Back is okay with these, it's not okay with the top end of the snatch or any part of the clean. Think I'm just gonna be doing jerks, machine leg work, koar work. Light RDLs seem to be okay though.

• Advertisement

Ha, the change of title threw me. What've you been smoking?

The previous title was too prophetic for my liking!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭supposedly

The previous title was too pathetic for my liking!

Yup.

Well you have good company. In that case, I might rename mine "Puppies & Tropical Waters", who knows it might come true.

zzzzzzzz.
    New shoes today. Squatted 5x5x**** all. slightly different, don't get buried as much.
    zzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzz.
    New shoes today. Squatted 5x5x**** all. slightly different, don't get buried as much.
    zzzzzzzz
    Pics or gtfo

howtomake wrote: »
    Pics or gtfo

they're too bright to show up on camera!

Righto,
    snatch: hips, mid-thigh, floor complex- up to 60
    floor: 65-70
    75x5x2
    Missed a couple of these, didn't stand a lot of them up as it was grumping my shoulder. Need to jump wider, hips are too far back and it's causing problems with recovery.

Backular squat: 90x3-5-5

Back sore
    RDL:
    80x3x8
    Back no longer sore

Legular press:
    10x100, 120, 120

Not too bad.

clean and jerk: 95, cleaned 100, missed jerk, missed 102 clean (yeast infection)
    squat: 125 for a single. ugly.
    leg press 130x3x10

lifted at the seniors, weighed in at 81.3

snatch: 86- threw it behind, tweaked back, 86: good lift, 91: needed a little more speed from the floor but it was close.

Clean and jerk: 95-good, 100- good (generous decision though)-102: cleaned it, spent a few seconds giving myself a series of demotivational comments internally ("this is too heavy, no way are you going to lift it, go home!") and it seemed to just lock itself out, PB.

86 is a comp pb by 2kg, 102 is a clean and jerk pb, 188 is a comp pb total and think I got a sinclair pb too, all from the power of negative thought :P (and herself for coaching my lazy ass).

Edit, video:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

the beard is strong with you....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Nice lifting Ed. How did Craig get on and did the abusement of Barry pay off?

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    Nice lifting Ed. How did Craig get on and did the abusement of Barry pay off?

Thanks Ste!

Craig snatched 75 for a pb, jerked 103 I think (I think he missed 110)

Barry meditated his way to 117/142, he missed a 145 clean because he looked far too happy, I think I need to decrease the volume and increase the intensity of abuse going forward.

Rapey did 105/130 and smiled briefly before sitting down and saying "this sport is terrible"

Byrdie snatched 122, jerked 152.

That's all I can remember offhand, good general standard of lifting overall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Rapey did 105/130 and smiled briefly before sitting down and saying "this sport is terrible"

That was very unsettling. It did only last about 10 seconds though.

yesterday:
    squat 96x5x5

today
    Front squat;
    86x3x3
    split squats (barbell): 46x3x8 (hatehatehate)

Press: 48.5kg: 5-5-9-10

Edit: 17th may, pullups: 10-10-11

Liftin' in t'spare room this evening with the "gym rats" for company!

back squat: 106x8
    front squat: 96x4 singles, one double
    (loose belt, loose wraps) felt good.

RDL: 3x10x96. easy enough but I've a feeling I'm gonna have sore hams in the morrow.

Yesterday: err. Howth (pronounced "hayth") hill from sutton side: 10.50 with headwind, still crap though. hit 65kph coming down, it was interesting.

Today:
    Snatch:
    81kg: 2-2-3*-4**-2
    Missed 91 4 times. D'oh. Blew a callous too. Dunno why I went straight to 91. I might have a pop at something on thursday.

*missed the 2nd behind and retook immediately
    **missed 2nd behind twice and retook immediately.

Backular squat:
    100x5x5

not a bad session. snatch warmup is now: muscle snatch-pockets-floor. Seems to forge the groove fairly handy.

Clean and jerkx2, 5 sets 90kg.
    FS 90x3x3.
    Ugh!

Snatchin: easy 85s, missed some 90s and 91s.
    Squat: 110x5, 115x5

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭supposedly

World records eh? Hmmmmmm...

• Advertisement

Clean and jerk: 3 singles at 95, some misses, this was probably a bit heavy to be useful. Durnit.
    Front squat: 3 singles at 100
    planks: 3x30s at 15kg, back stopped exploding.
    zzz

Advertisement