Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Inishowen

Options
  • 22-04-2011 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

We're staying in self-catering accommodation for the weekend near Carndonagh, Mr & Mrs and a 5 and 14 year old. Just wondering what there might be to during the day. I was thinking about Dunree for tomorrow but the website doesn't say if they're open this time of year. The nights are ok as we are happy to stay in. Anyone got any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭onway

http://www.visitinishowen.com/things_to_see_and_do

Not sure if this link will be of any use to you or if you've seen it already.
    I have heard that the Doagh Island Famine Village is worth a visit but i've never been .....

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jersey Girl

Famine Village is well worth a visit. Fantastic attraction and will be on interest to young and old.
    You could also head over to Greencastle and take the ferry over to NI. Giant's Causeway and Antrim coast is only thirty minute drive. If it's raining you can take kids to Redcastle where they have indoor amusements. Very nice pubs for lunch include McRory's in Culdaff and Drunkin Duck in Shroove, just outside Greencastle.
    Five Fingers Strand is a nice walk. Also worth taking in Kinnacoe Bay, beautiful beach. Enjoy your stay,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

The map in this thread has plenty of things that should keep you occupied

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056230453

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

shayser wrote: »
    We're staying in self-catering accommodation for the weekend near Carndonagh, Mr & Mrs and a 5 and 14 year old. Just wondering what there might be to during the day. I was thinking about Dunree for tomorrow but the website doesn't say if they're open this time of year. The nights are ok as we are happy to stay in. Anyone got any other suggestions?
    Sorry, no idea myself but maybe you wouldn't ind posting up details of any and all activities that were of interest after you return.

Enjoy the break :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Another good beach within 5 miles of you is Culdaff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Helmet

A quick diversion for the kids might be the new traditional sweetshop there in Carn! Was in last week and it's very cool, all old-fashioned sweets on the go, yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

shayser wrote: »
    I was thinking about Dunree for tomorrow but the website doesn't say if they're open this time of year.

It's open - lovely spot. The Inishowen Quad Safari isn't far from there either...although I don't think it would be suitable for the five year old.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

There is a maritime museum and planetarium in Greencastle that is open every day. or you could head up to Malin Head for a daytrip as well.

Advertisement