Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible sweet tooth!!?

Options
  • 22-04-2011 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am 24 weeks this week and I have been feeling great!!:D The only problem is I have acquired an awful sweet tooth and I'm struggling to control it!! I had very bad morning sickness and ended up in hospital because of it, but since it ended I have just craved sweets ( and salt for that matter) I have no interest in any other foods.. I need to curb this asap. Is anyone else having similar problems?Any advise?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

Hi i am 15 weeks and have the exact same problem. Sweets, biscuits, cake anything. I really dont want to be eating so much as i put on a few pounds prior to getting pregnant so dont want to gain any unnecessary weight! A hard craving to control!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

You could try having sweet fruit and veg to hand so when the craving hits you don't automatically go for the sweeties. Carrot sticks and raw peppers are great with a garlic mayo dip and actually kind of addictive when you get into them. Apples, pears etc, although high enough in sugar, will at least give you plenty of good nutrients along with the sugar high. I've gone through 4 punnets of strawberries myself since Friday - it was mandarin oranges on my last pregnancy.

For salt, my craving is Ritz or Tuc crackers with cheese. again, not exactly good food but better than a box of pringles...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

This is me. . i knew the day i ate 5 chocolate bars that i needed to get it under control :eek: so i went down the fruit route :D pineapple melon red apples grapes raspberries and strawberries and i cut them up and put them in a big bowl in the fridge so they're on hand when i want for something sweet. . i've stopped buying biscuits and treats cos if they're not in the house i can't eat them:D for a real treat i will put a crushed meringue and a dollop of cream on top :D so bold :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Thank god it's not just me :eek::D I didn't think you could get a sweet tooth type craving so put it down to gluttony :o

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Twinkleboots

I'm so glad I'm not the only one I was feeling very guilty!!!;)The fruit seemed like a good alternative so I've invested in a smoothie maker and have been munching on strawberries and apples whenever I get a craving.:D I'm trying my best but I'm sooooo tempted to run down to the siopa and get a big huge galaxy to munch on!!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement