Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary teaching interview st pats

Options
  • 22-04-2011 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,

I've got interview coming up in May for the b.ed in St.Pats. Just looking for any information or tips? very worried about it.
    I've gone back this year to repeat 3 subjects, including Irish, in the Leaving also. Dont want to do all that and mess up the interview!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Hiya,

I posted up interview tips here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62024804&postcount=4

I think the bottom line is know what you're getting yourself in for. Know about the course, what you'll be studying, about teaching practice etc., if you've spoken to current or past students about the course and if you've gone to any open days etc. Also, make sure to put it across to the panel that you are confident you will be able to cope with the workload and going back to college in general.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 daxwax88

Hello,
    I found them tips really useful.Really nice to have a general idea of what you might asked. I am quite worried about the Irish..do you have any helpful information on it?Like how long it lasts, the standard of the Irish needed, questions asked and maybe the general layout of the interview.
    Any help would be greatfully appreciated.
    Thank you:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

educationposts.ie would probably be better for more traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Hey,

About the Irish interview, it's only about ten minutes. Just a general chat to gauge your level of Irish. I was expecting the modh conniolach (sp?) and the likes but it never came up. We just chatted about where I was from, voluntary work that I was doing etc, nothing too stressful.

My Irish isn't great at all but I managed to get here so don't be too worried. As Larianne said, prepare well, know what you want to say, try to have some classroom time done if at all possible and make sure you get to tell them everything you want about why you think you'd be suitable as a teacher. I had done a good bit of voluntary work and made sure I told them about it.

My interview was 25 minutes, quite long but it flew when I was in there. I had two nice people on my panel so it was fine, if a little stressful obviously.

You'll be fine, just be prepared and best of luck.

If you want to ask any more fire ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ole99

Larianne and JCDUB,

Thanks a million, really appreciate that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 daxwax88

Yeah thanks a million,I was reading some peoples posts and I was terrified about the irish but you have calmed me down.
    Thanks again:)

Advertisement