Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bank of Ireland Graduate Programme

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Jonnylomax

Contract should be in march at some point and my orientation is in September or so I was told..:) yep, I'm so so happy!

I'll be a lot happier with that signed and accepted! Keep having nightmares that they've made a mistake with my candidate number and have gotten me mixed up with someone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BeginFinance

Has anyone heard anything back? Anyone rang HR or anything? Im going for Corp and Treasury..

Has anyone heard anything back? Anyone rang HR or anything? Im going for Corp and Treasury..

I got a call last Tuesday with a Corp and Treas offer and another person on boards.ie was too (they private messaged me). I'd ring them today if I was you to find out, rather then leaving it over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BeginFinance

Do you know what the number is? If you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gfhopeful

Has anyone heard today do you say they are finished offering places

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Eoghan41

gfhopeful wrote: »
    Has anyone heard today do you say they are finished offering places

Probably done at this stage I'd say..maybe waiting on a few people to confirm but I'd imagine so unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭blondeybaba

You guys should call to be sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ohanlon89

I sent them an email at around 2.30 but haven't gotten a reply yet. If we haven't gotten a call yet, its not looking likely that we'll be getting one. At least not the one we want anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Flunch

Anyone managed to contact HR or gotten a rejection yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Floure

It is seriously frustrating at this stage. I would imagine that all offers must be made at this stage, that's fine, I'd just rather some confirmation that I have not been successful so that I can forget about it! It's possible that they are holding off on letting people know just in case some offers are rejected!

Flunch wrote: »
    Anyone managed to contact HR or gotten a rejection yet?
    Try calling them maybe...? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Flunch

Try calling them maybe...? :)

Cant get through on any of the numbers I have & no reply to my email :-\

Anyone know what number I should use?

Anyone else who now has the confirmation email, do you think they want us to scan and email the external application form rather than post it?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 keller87

Jonnylomax wrote: »
    Anyone else who now has the confirmation email, do you think they want us to scan and email the external application form rather than post it?

I am gonna scan it and send it back by email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 NedNoodles

Are HR people so busy that they can't send a rejection email? We all know it's a made up job anyway.

• Advertisement

NedNoodles wrote: »
    Are HR people so busy that they can't send a rejection email? We all know it's a made up job anyway.

It's not a made up job, and it's the sector I'll be going in to... No need for that.. You could just call them?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Newbie in the room

A bit of patience is needed here lads. HR are not going to issue all offers in one go. It will be done in tranches in case they get rejections. Just sit tight and even still you might be lucky enough to get your second preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 FOS5252

Been following this thread for awhile, decided to set up an account. Havent gotten a call I was going for Corp and Tres. I am an undergrad student, are most people masters or undergrad?

NedNoodles wrote: »

Sound like a proper bigot

Just got offered c and t

• Advertisement

congrats. i'd say you're over the moon

Yeah I genuinely thought I did poorly. But yeah delighted!

They kept you waiting didn't they! Well done bro, looking forward to working with you in Sept

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭IS_a_Class

Did anyone get offered Risk yet, or have just C&T and HR offers been sent out?

Jonnylomax wrote: »
    They kept you waiting didn't they! Well done bro, looking forward to working with you in Sept
    Certainly did! Had given up by now anyway! See you in September!!

Eoghan41 wrote: »
    Just got offered c and t
    Amazing!! Well done!!!

Amazing!! Well done!!!
    Thanks! looking forward to it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 1andonly2

Spoke with Joanne on Friday evening. Credit and Market risk stream are being finalised today and offers will be out this evening and tomorrow. Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭IS_a_Class

great! there goes the afternoon! I'll be looking at my email every two minutes

Can I ask how people are returning the application forms? By scanning it or sending it by post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 keller87

Eoghan41 wrote: »
    Can I ask how people are returning the application forms? By scanning it or sending it by post?

Scanning! Well done Eoghan41!

just got the rejection call there. so the wait is finally over

Ohanlon89 wrote: »
    just got the rejection call there. so the wait is finally over
    Sorry to hear that man but there may be people that take other jobs so there's still a slight chance

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cp_mcg

me too, i missed the rejection call though, she left me a voicemail telling me to ring her back for feedback though, any idea what thats about?

Sorry to hear that lads. Was offered my second choice in risk. If I were to sign a contract but find a front office role elsewhere could BOI hold me to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Sorry to hear that, if you dont mind me asking what is bad about working in risk. If you sign a contract they can sue you for breach of contract but in all likelyhood that wont happen as its to costly for them. The biggest negative is the probably will blacklist you if you apply for future positions in the company. Congrats on the offer though

Risk is a back office role duffman meaning they have little impact on the overall operations of the bank as opposed to someone working in the front office. The exit opportunities to someone working in the front office are also far greater. If you stay in the back office for more than three years, you're there for life.

@cp_mcg, @ Ohanlon89, what roles did you guys apply for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cp_mcg

Corp and Treasury

AIB Graduate progormme usually opens up in the next month or so. Opportunities still there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Hozny

Got the rejection call there for C&T.
    Not remotely surprised tbh. My background and career interest is in a different field an I'd say that shone through in the presentation and interview..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dacentfeen

Hi guys,

I'm still sweating on C&T. I haven't heard back with either an offer or rejection. I'm just wondering if any of the people who have heard from HR were given any indication of the timeframe in which they were letting people know? I thought it was meant to be last Thursday. I'm really frustrated with the whole situation, but I am hoping to be accepted still.

Thoughts...?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Hozny wrote: »
    Got the rejection call there for C&T.
    Not remotely surprised tbh. My background and career interest is in a different field an I'd say that shone through in the presentation and interview..

What career interest and field background have you if you don't mind me asking? Its business and IT for me.

I am hoping they might start up a new campaign soon.

My background is IT-related with a masters in Finance. Hopefully we will both hear good news in the coming days, if not it is back to the drawing board as there won't be a new campaign for another year I'd say.

Also, as was previously mentioned in this thread, can anyone shed light on the AIB graduate programme? A previous post said that it was expected to open in a month or so? Is this the case? It seems very late in the year to start recruiting. Does anyone know the positions/structure of the AIB programme? Will they recruit directly or through an agency?

Thanks in advance

AIB Graduate progormme usually opens up in the next month or so. Opportunities still there
    ;
    I thought that they weren't recruiting this year..where did you hear otherwise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

dacentfeen wrote: »
    My background is IT-related with a masters in Finance. Hopefully we will both hear good news in the coming days, if not it is back to the drawing board as there won't be a new campaign for another year I'd say.

Thanks in advance

Dude, if I werte in youyr shoes I would not loose any sleep if i didnt get through.

With a combination in IT and finance you would walk into any company that offer more career progression and level of pay than any Irish state owned company.

IT and Finance is a combination that is a must have, if you want to progress in this financial industry.

TBH I'm not surprised that they rejected you, Irish employers cant see beyond their nose they that's they really dont know the value of of employing someone with a combination of those degree.

Look up Susquehanna, they are currently recruiting grads, apply for their TA programme technology assistant or trading assistant. Its much easier to get in with technology assistant.

Your future in Finance is very bright mate. And I am pretty sure application for AIB is over at this stage.

TO those who got accepted well done and best of luck in your career progression

• Advertisement

Thanks freeze4real!! I'll keep plugging away anyway.

To be honest I wanted something in the bag so that I could enjoy the summer and then head off backpacking for a couple of months.

I agree with your opinion of certain employers though. For instance, a buddy of mine got rejected at the final round for audit in KPMG, the guys got 555 points in his Leaving Cert including a A1 in both Higher Maths and Accounting, and has a 1.1 degree (albeit in Science). Not only that he played for for a league of ireland football team for a while and was captain of his secondary school, just a genuinely outgoing and nice guy tbh. When I compare him with some of my other friends in the Big 4, although they are capable, it's hilarious. Some of these HR monkeys are having a negative impact on their companies.

Anyway thanks again for your input!

Also, before anyone says anything, there are a lot of great HR staff out there too, I am just making the point that I thought it was quite incredible that my friend wasn't offered a job, and that this 'missed opportunity' on KPMG's behalf is hard to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭armbruster

dacentfeen wrote: »
    Also, before anyone says anything, there are a lot of great HR staff out there too, I am just making the point that I thought it was quite incredible that my friend wasn't offered a job, and that this 'missed opportunity' on KPMG's behalf is hard to believe.

Yeah in fairness with that combination you should be looking at some of the banks down the IFSC or a hedge fund. You're too good for BOI man!
    I haven't heard back yet, probably not looking good, but it was kind of a back up option in case I didn't get the type of job I wanted. Not really into finance at all, and I'd say they detected that from me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

AIB were recruiting last year but from what I gather recruitment there is an ongoing process. You can apply directly or through a recruitment agent.
    Maybe that the case could be another year or few more months before either AIB or BOI open up a new campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hozny

doovdela wrote: »

What career interest and field background have you if you don't mind me asking? Its business and IT for me.

I am hoping they might start up a new campaign soon.

My background's in Law..
    Degree, professional exams and work experience. I'd only applied for BOI on spec because I still haven't secured a traineeship with a law firm. I probaby would use taken this job if offered it but a quick glance at my cv and the lack of banking knowledge I presumably displayed in the interview and presentation would have made it pretty clear to them that I'm not committed to this career path!
    Best of luck to any of you still waiting to hear back and congratulations to anyone who got the job. As a graduate looking to break into te legal sector I'm only too aware of how competitive te jobs market is at te minute..

• Advertisement
Advertisement