Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable Men's Hair Stylist Cork City

Options
  • 22-04-2011 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi folks,

I'm a newbie on here so hello to all! I moved to Cork last September and to date can't seem to locate a decent but affordable place to get a haircut. Anywhere I've been so far has either butchered it for a fiver or I've been meet with prices €35 and upwards. What I'd like is a a friendly place where the hairdresser might give some advice about what would look good on me as I need a change. Please no barber suggestions as I've yet to visit one where despite what you request you leave with a three back and sides!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Hair Inc on Daunt Square do free male haircuts on Mondays from 6 - 7.30 iirc. There is a sign up on the window about it, it doesn't state whether or not its a trainee but might be worth it - They're very nice in there. Otherwise during the week they're pretty cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I get mine done in McCurtian Street, just up from Hillbillies. Caspers I think its called. Some nice staff in there, not a bad haircut either. 8 euro during the week and 10 euro at weekends.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dean820 wrote: »
    I get mine done in McCurtian Street, just up from Hillbillies. Caspers I think its called. Some nice staff in there, not a bad haircut either. 8 euro during the week and 10 euro at weekends.

Is that the turkish place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Is that the turkish place?

No, thats the place across the street I think you're on about. There's a couple of Lithuanian women in the place I'm on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

'The Crop Shop' on Paul Street. I know that the OP explicitly requested non barber shops but I've got slightly long hair. I've been there twice and was happy each time with the cut and service. A friend of mine, also with longish hair has happily gone there also. It's been the owner (with a tattoo on one of his arms) who's cut our hair on each occasion. Nice guy and does what you want him to rather than imposing himself. Btw, I don't know what the the other barbers are like in there. It's only 12e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Ricochet69

did you check out these places? are they any good? thinking of going to one myself but have longish hair and afraid that they will shear it XD

Advertisement