Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Dog + New Puppy

• 22-04-2011 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have an 8 year old female Black lab which I adopted 2 years ago. She wasn't very well treated before I got her (isolated in the back garden for years, with little human or other dog interaction)
    She was very anti-social with other dogs when I first got her (she would ignore other dogs completely, and if they came up to say hello she would snap at them) but she has come on leaps and bounds now, and never snaps and is generally quite friendly to other dogs.

I would love to get a little black lab puppy (I was origonally thinking of breeding her, but 8 years is too old I believe, and not worth the risk, plus I would want to keep them all!!)

Has anyone had an experience of introducing a new puppy into a house with an older dog who is used to having the place to themselves/ never having another dog around? Whats the best way to go about it?

Advertisement