Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WE SCAR

• 22-04-2011 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi guys,

is there anyone out there with a WE SCAR who can advise me how to get the thing to shoot straight? Mine shoots straight for 20 or so feet and then the bb's go arseways in an unpredictable manner. Ive read other online threads which say the the standard hop up unit is not the best but at the moment I cant afford to change it right now. Im not looking for pinpoint accuracy right now but it would be nice to get the thing to shoot in roughly the same direction consistently. Ive cleaned the barrel, adjusted the feed on the mag (the gun was chipping the bb's which I thought was the problem. Now its not but the problem persists) and used heavier bb's at one suggestion but no joy. Any suggestions would be great as I'd love to get the thing working nicely!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Sorry dude - but the stock hop units in most WE GBBRs are pretty dire. The stinger hop up is a serious improvement - and doesn't cost the earth:
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ra-tech-stinger-hop-up-kit-for-we-scar-gbb-series.html

There's a measure of opinion that the problem with WE hop units is that they're designed for much heavier bbs and a higher fps - but that's pretty academic in Ireland where it's -1j. I have used a stinger hop unit in a scar, PDW and HK416 and all improved a fair bit with the replacement hop units.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 insomniac32

Thanks for the reply. $23 doesnt actually seem that bad so Ill give it a try!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

stinger hopup is a lot better than the standard, your air seal chamber just needs to be worn in too.

Advertisement