Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs/pubs open at midnight?

Options
  • 22-04-2011 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

As thread title says, does anyone know if clubs and late bars will be open for business at midnight tonight?

Gorbys in particular....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

I think it's illegal to open a licensed premises tonight isn't it? Easter Friday and Christmas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,900 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

closed I think

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

If I am remembering correctly the post midnight opening hours for pubs/clubs are actually extensions granted on the previous nights hours.

Hence you couldnt extend hours that you werent allowed open they then couldnt just open at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I remember going to Gorbys one good friday night back in the 90's - door opened at 12 and we were gone again at 2am. Bit stupid really, it was a bit of a novelty at the time.

Advertisement