Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairs

• 22-04-2011 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi all, wonder if you guys could provide info and assistance.

I have a Hymer 534, 1991, brought in from Germany in 2009. Has served us well so far...

So my problems are
    1. Awning - one of the arms that hold up the awning when it is set up has broken off. The make is prostor or omnistor....which i think are the same company more or less. Where would you get a replacement arm?
    2. Gas - We are very weary of using the gas heater, it has never acted up, it just that a local guy died from carbon monoxide poisoning recently. We have an alarm for this. Would most annual checks include a check to ensure the gas heating system is working correctly?
    3. Window - this is completely my own fault....i was going to replace the inside screen/blind and had taken it off to measure it. I did not know that the window and blind effectively were a solid unit keeping each other in place......stupid now i know......anyway the window needs repairing and possibly replacing because of my handy work.... Where could i get a window for a Hymer 534 and would most motorhome repair garages be able to do this (i imagine they could).
    :eek:
    after reading this....if you could recommend someone who would be up to doing these repairs ...please do so....i will travel to get the work done.....in the laois/kildare area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭shaysue

Maynooth motorhomes m ay be able to help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Hi all, wonder if you guys could provide info and assistance.

I have a Hymer 534, 1991, brought in from Germany in 2009. Has served us well so far...

So my problems are
    1. Awning - one of the arms that hold up the awning when it is set up has broken off. The make is prostor or omnistor....which i think are the same company more or less. Where would you get a replacement arm?
    2. Gas - We are very weary of using the gas heater, it has never acted up, it just that a local guy died from carbon monoxide poisoning recently. We have an alarm for this. Would most annual checks include a check to ensure the gas heating system is working correctly?
    3. Window - this is completely my own fault....i was going to replace the inside screen/blind and had taken it off to measure it. I did not know that the window and blind effectively were a solid unit keeping each other in place......stupid now i know......anyway the window needs repairing and possibly replacing because of my handy work.... Where could i get a window for a Hymer 534 and would most motorhome repair garages be able to do this (i imagine they could).
    :eek:
    after reading this....if you could recommend someone who would be up to doing these repairs ...please do so....i will travel to get the work done.....in the laois/kildare area

We should be able to sort that for you . Might even have a s/h arm in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

We used this company recently, great price and can't fault work.

http://www.autoexmoto.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Skylight 01

Caramotorhomes should be able to help you, they carry out all repairs to motorhomes. To my knowledge, they train with Truma and go to workshops in Dethleffs alot, oh and they have been in busy 20yrs or so, I trust them with my motorhome and im very particular.

Great service, hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Caramotorhomes should be able to help you, they carry out all repairs to motorhomes. To my knowledge, they train with Truma and go to workshops in Dethleffs alot, oh and they have been in busy 20yrs or so, I trust them with my motorhome and im very particular.

Great service, hope this helps
    whats your association to the afore mentioned business because your other previous posts are shout outs for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

whats your association to the afore mentioned business because your other previous posts are shout outs for them

Indeed

Skylight 1 warned ...more pimping and it's a ban

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Skylight 01

Sorry I just found them good.

On a different note, thinking of heading to France, first time, any recommendations?

Advertisement