Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extending out the the garden, and losing plants in the process.

Options
  • 22-04-2011 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

As the title explains, we are extending out our kitchen and losing a big chunk of our garden. This means that some of the plants will need to go. I'm confused as to what to do with them. I couldn't bear to let the builders put them into a skip!! Our house was built pre 1900, and some of the roses have actually been there for that long, apparently.
    I've dug everything that needed to be up, and put them into some of our own home made compost, mixed with shop both compost, so I think they're going to survive that replanting.
    My question is really what to do with them. Our garden will be too small, and is already covered in other plants to have these ones put into it. Is there anywhere I can donate that plants to? Does anyone here want them? There are two rose bushes, a flowering bottle brush and possibly more.
    Any suggestions are very welcome :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

As the title explains, we are extending out our kitchen and losing a big chunk of our garden. This means that some of the plants will need to go. I'm confused as to what to do with them. I couldn't bear to let the builders put them into a skip!! Our house was built pre 1900, and some of the roses have actually been there for that long, apparently.
    I've dug everything that needed to be up, and put them into some of our own home made compost, mixed with shop both compost, so I think they're going to survive that replanting.
    My question is really what to do with them. Our garden will be too small, and is already covered in other plants to have these ones put into it. Is there anywhere I can donate that plants to? Does anyone here want them? There are two rose bushes, a flowering bottle brush and possibly more.
    Any suggestions are very welcome :D

PM me as to where in Dublin you are.

Im in North Dublin and my girlfriend would love the plants and roses as she would take cuttings off them to grow even more of them.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

paddy147 wrote: »
    PM me as to where in Dublin you are.

Im in North Dublin and my girlfriend would love the plants and roses as she would take cuttings off them to grow even more of them.:)

As it turns out, my neighbor is taking them. I'm sorry to get your hopes up!:rolleyes: Thanks for the offer though, have a good Easter.

Advertisement