Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

time to seed

• 22-04-2011 10:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

have a field..that was roughed up over the winter!!by fathers horses!
    dry field
    just under 3 acres in it..
    got 2 bags grass seed+bag of oats for it today..
    gd idea or not! will all going well,get it sowed via spreader by next tuesday..lift a few stones first..a few, haha!! just used triple K on it-few times over the field..leave a half decent seed bed...after sowed...
    roll it then!
    would u put fertilizer out with it, or leave for the mo--was thinking of doing that--give it till appears-then urea on it!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

How ya Wiggy.
    Depends on what your soil is like but in general, you would put out something like 10-10-20 rather than urea cause the P and K stimulate root development whereas the urea is for when the grass has "taken".

Could prob do with more than 2 bags for 3 acres. I would put 6 bags on 5 acres cause the bag is tight for an acre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

wiggy123 wrote: »
    dry field
    just under 3 acres in it..
    got 2 bags grass seed+bag of oats for it today..
    gd idea or not! will all going well,get it sowed via spreader by next tuesday..lift a few stones first..a few, haha!! just used triple K on it-few times over the field..leave a half decent seed bed...after sowed...
    roll it then!
    would u put fertilizer out with it, or leave for the mo--was thinking of doing that--give it till appears-then urea on it!!

why the oats, in a pasture field?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

wiggy123 wrote: »

OMG i thought i was the only one that suffers this fate, fixing up land after fathers horses!!!

They plough plough plough and eat eat eat to the clay:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Tora Bora wrote: »
    why the oats, in a pasture field?
    It is a nurse crop for the grass seeds and will allow the field to be grazed earlier. If I was putting in oats I would plough the field.

Advertisement