Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blur

Options
  • 22-04-2011 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭

Starting this as there was only 1 other (old) Blur thread in Games with just 3 posts. Saw on Gamestop.ie this was going for 2 euro but was sold out. Looking around, I see it's going for cheap enough anyway and one boardsie said he might have saw it for 7 quid in HMV. I remember playing the demo before and thought it was a good laugh but not a 40 quid good laugh. 7 euro sounds very tempting tho.

Anyone here still play it? Does the mario kart gimmick racing get boring? Does it have a solid career mode?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

i own this game in steam and have actually never played it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 phant0m

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Anyone here still play it? Does the mario kart gimmick racing get boring? Does it have a solid career mode?

I still play it regularly, it's one of the best racers this gen imho. Races are definitely never boring, even if you're only battling it out at the back of the pack it's always fun. Weapons are perfectly balanced too (unlike MK). Career mode is alright, but multiplayer is where the game shines. Shame there's never anymore than 500 people online now though on Xbox, which isn't actually as bad as it sounds as the matchmaking is pretty damn solid so you will always find a full lobby. Not sure what the community is like on PlayStation.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I've been looking for a brilliant arcade racer for ages. Hot Pursuit was good but got boring quickly once I got to the higher levels so thought same might happen with this. I hardly ever play racers online but heard this is top class online, if I can get it for 7 euro, it must surely be worth it!

I've been looking for a brilliant arcade racer for ages. Hot Pursuit was good but got boring quickly once I got to the higher levels so thought same might happen with this. I hardly ever play racers online but heard this is top class online, if I can get it for 7 euro, it must surely be worth it!

Get NFS Hot Pursuit.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Get NFS Hot Pursuit.
    Hot Pursuit was good but got boring quickly...

Is the splitscreen any good?

• Advertisement

No split screen on PC, dunno about consoles.

its a ****ing cracking game tho pure arcade racer and Autolog makes it an offline racer.

Also where did you quote that NFS got old quicklly from? its not in this thread :/

my quote in post 4 :)

I had NFS Hot Pursuit and loved the actual gameplay and driving mechanics but Once I had all the courses raced, I was just driving to get the odd few golds I missed and found the only way to keep it interesting was to buy DLC which wasn't gonna happen. My favourite racer of this gen has been Juiced 2, loved that game.

I had NFS Hot Pursuit and loved the actual gameplay and driving mechanics but Once I had all the courses raced,

You need more mates with it, online and autolog are like some crack addiction where you have to beat them.

I have it on PC and **** me Azza is uing hacks!!! still cant beat that ****ers time on a certain track and i have tried a lot:(

Ya the Autolog was class, had some boardsies on the friends list. If someone was beating me I had to repeat the race til I was on top. Never gave online a good go though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I really enjoy Blur and didn't tire of the mechanics. Would still play from time to time with a friend of mine...

Unfortunately it's not the busiest online but you can usually get a game easily enough. And if you want to play alternative modes such as Team, you can wait it out a little bit...Usually get a couple of joiners.

Underrated game.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I played a huge amount of Blur last year. An excellent game. For €7 it is a steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Split screen is very good - up to four players. Can result in absolute chaos...esp as AI cars are still there!

At a friends house we had five playing on the one TV - last placed human player had to hand over the pad. Resulted in some mad panic dashes and powerup shots on the home straight.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Also recommend Split Second for arcade racing fun very good game

Advertisement