Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WRSI helmets, any good?

Options
  • 22-04-2011 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭

Level 2 kayaker here and starting to buy my own gear. I want to buy a helmet over summer and was wondering about WRSI helmets from the states as they seem fairly good value and look good. Anyone know anything bout them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Have heard a bit about them, as far as I know they're meant to be a good helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

they are good. shredready are also worth a look. a lot of people use sweet, but i ipersonally never thought them worth the huge cost compared to their compeditors. personal oppinion only.
    whatever you get, try one on first to make sure it fits your head size and shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭ec18

wrsi make some of the safest helmets in the world. And i believe they are the only company in the world to have fully researched their helmet by designing in association with mechanical engineers, doctors and public health people. They are great helmets at a third of the cost of sweet helmets. I haven't heard much about shred ready but a friend of mine won't use anything other than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dunie001

I have found Shred Ready to be very good and reasonable value...a good few people in my club have them.

You could also look into getting a Pro-Tec helmet. They are fairly stylish and very reasonably priced.

As for Sweet helmets, I think they are too expensive for what you're getting.

I haven't had any experience with WRSI helmets in particular...but definitely plonk it on your head before buying!

Advertisement