Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Whole Shabang

• 22-04-2011 11:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭

so The Whole Shabang are back together after ten years , for a few gigs. They are playing at the tall ships festival too which should be brilliant. Im really looking forward to seeeing them. Anyone have any fond memories of The Whole Shabang? I grew up listening to them practice. I thought they were the bees knees. Used to listen to them practice in the piltown community centre. Twas like my own private concert. it used to be deadly!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Cool never seen em but me cousin used to their sound man or something like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

Cant wait to see them live again, been at a load of their gigs over the years as a young lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I might be wrong this, but i used to work with a guy who was in a band, his name was Mick Rowley, something tells me it was The Whole Shabang? the band name rings a bell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭aziz

Yeah Mick Rowley was the drummer in the whole shebang and before that Tweed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

STIG83 wrote: »
    I might be wrong this, but i used to work with a guy who was in a band, his name was Mick Rowley, something tells me it was The Whole Shabang? the band name rings a bell.
    Yeah, Mick is like a giddy young fella behind those drums. Absolutely excellent drummer.

• Advertisement

tom thum wrote: »
    Yeah, Mick is like a giddy young fella behind those drums. Absolutely excellent drummer.

He was some man for telling stories when i worked with him!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

next door neighbour from up home- used to go craiced when he was banging away on them drums on a saturday morning , I know he was playing with The Kaye Twins upto recently, ah bring back the days of Dreamers and Believers :)

Elbows22 wrote: »
    next door neighbour from up home- used to go craiced when he was banging away on them drums on a saturday morning , I know he was playing with The Kaye Twins upto recently, ah bring back the days of Dreamers and Believers :)
    yeah defo. he is still playing with the kaye twins as far as i know.

yeah defo. he is still playing with the kaye twins as far as i know.

Oh yeah forgot he played with them too. Is he still in Carrick On Suir?

Still with the Kaye Twins and still in Carrick on Suir :)

• Advertisement

yous prolly know me cousin then so. Philli cummins

seanybiker wrote: »

brother of gerry and eddie?

brother of gerry and eddie?

That's him yeah. Gerry me mad cousin haha

That's him yeah. Gerry me mad cousin haha

Haha Gerry's a legend

Haha Gerry's a legend
    Ah yeah sound out. Haven't seen him in years. Eddie goes out in Waterford a lot

yep

ginger philly is a very distant relation of mine too. craiced is an understatment.

so The Whole Shabang are back together after ten years , for a few gigs. They are playing at the tall ships festival too which should be brilliant. Im really looking forward to seeeing them. Anyone have any fond memories of The Whole Shabang? I grew up listening to them practice. I thought they were the bees knees. Used to listen to them practice in the piltown community centre. Twas like my own private concert. it used to be deadly!

How sure are we of this? was talking to the ould lad an hour ago about it and it was the first he's heard of it , Reckons Gay Brazzill is pretty busy at the moment and thinks it is unlikely..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

This is happening for sure. I'm quite looking forward to hearing them too, it'll bring back memories of the time I saw them in club sheba!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Its definitely happening alright, theyll be playing in NY in may then tall ships heres there facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/#!/TheOriginalWholeShabang

Shin

• Advertisement

How sure are we of this? was talking to the ould lad an hour ago about it and it was the first he's heard of it , Reckons Gay Brazzill is pretty busy at the moment and thinks it is unlikely..........
    Fact. sorry , i should have pointed that out. While they are all busy in their bands i.e

Tommy - jukebox
    Dominic- bottle brothers
    Gay- The dreamers
    Mick- the kaye twins
    Feargal- not sure

they are reuniting for the festival in new york and the tall ships festival in waterford. It would be nice to see them play a gig every 2 months or so when they come back just to keep the band ticking over if nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

http://www.mediafire.com/?zy8f5a7j2fxafj1 - Dreamers & Believers

http://www.mediafire.com/?l8gkymz4yxs4mom - The Devil went down to Georgia

Tommy gave me these (I used to have the album on cassette). No problems with sharing these mods!

Advertisement