Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

some from the zoo

• 23-04-2011 12:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

I haven't been to the zoo for ages and I decided to bring my camera for the first time today. Just snapshots really but I like the first one best.IMG_0511.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Fantastic photos, I like 4 & 6 the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 praveenk16

awesome pics

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Buckz

The Zebra and the second heron are my choice some of the others suffer from the fact that it wasn't a great day, but those two stand out for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

The 1st and 8th are my favourites. For "snapshots" they are great :-). I was planning on going to the Zoo tomorrow (today?) if I don't have a hangover!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Drop the "snapshots" bits! Love love the zebra one (eventhough I'm generally not a fan of zoo pictures, well, zoos overall really). Really like the DOF with the zebra and the monkey one is very very cute...

Great set, very enjoyable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

what camera/lens were you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mikka631

Looks like 5D and 70-200 f2.8 from the exif data

The Zebra shot is just great, doesn't look like a zoo shot at all....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Wonderful, my favourite is #5.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭MissusPandB

Love No 5 of the Apes/Gorillas/Monkeys - great composition in it.

Also No 8 of the Heron running on the water - great shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Love 1, 2, and the monkeys.

2 is really interesting actually, love the scale thing going, pity about that little giraffe bit in the background and bear thing.

One is just brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Great shots, love the zebra shot in particular. Hope to go there today (Easter Monday).

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jaansu

Great shots. Love the zebra one and both the heron shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

One word, "excellent" ok that 3 words, and now 10, but you get the idea ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Great pics! #8&9 my faves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

Thanks everyone. Just getting to see the replies now as i've been away.

PCPhoto- Mikka's right, 5D with a 70-200 2.8. Only lens i brought with me. It's a great lens for shooting through perspex and wire fencing.

The last time I went to the zoo with an SLR was with my first film Practica SLR in 1989 and I managed to get 6 legged elephants, two headed giraffes and headless rhinos so I was determined to make sure that I got animals on their own or at least not overlapping eachother so that wouldn't happen. :D

here are another couple. kind of gutted I didn't get any of the new baby gorilla but the zoo was stuffed and I just couldn't get a good spot to be able to take a photo.
    IMG_0673-1.jpg

IMG_0616-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

These pics are great. I love the rhino baby resting his head on his mums horn and the monkeys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭migemo

Nice work. Well done making some of them look like they were taken in the wild. Sometimes its hard to hide the fact that its the zoo. Must pay a visit.

Advertisement