Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior cert Woodwork 2011

Options
  • 23-04-2011 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

So how is everyone getting on with their woodwork projects, are yas done? what did yous make? I did option 3, the box to hold personal items, made it out of elm and lime wood and gave it 3 different types of joints, finger, dove-tail and mortise and tenon.. Hoping to get a B with it, might be lucky enough to get an A.. I also got the brief done today, so if anyone needs to know something I might be able to help.. Im adding a pic of it, so let me know what yas think.. put up your own pics too if you got any, Id like to see what the competition looks like :rolleyes: :D

<mod edit> Please do not post images of exam work here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

I done the same project.. Only mines ****e and i'd be lucky to get a D.. How many marks go for the project, the portifolio, and the exam each?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 KaBooom

If youre doing ordinary then the brief goes for 50 marks and the project is 150 marks. if youre doing higher then brief is 70 marks and project is only 130 marks. I think the overall percentage going for the project is 60% and the actual test is only 40%, Im not fully sure about the percent..

Correction, I just found this..

From the Chief Examiner's Report:
    The examination at both levels comprises two components:
    1) Coursework (200 marks – 66.6%)
    2) Written Examination (100 marks – 33.3%)

A candidate’s final result is determined by combining the results obtained on the practical coursework (project) and the terminal examination with equal weightings(my emphasis). Therefore, the total mark for the overall examination is 300.

I was close enough..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

There's a full thread on this a few pages back.

Anyway, I did the laptop holder but it's fairly ****. I hate Woodwork with a passion. I wish I didn't have to do it. I would be pleased with a C in the Junior Cert.

Just have to finish my folder before we go back to school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 blomkvist

I am trying to finish my folio before school starts :eek: again but i am not sure how long the folio has to be like hoe many pages or words? :confused:

Also are there a lot of marks going for the folio? What is more important, completeing the task or the write up?

If anyone at all has any idea i would really appreciate it :)
    It is fairly urgent so it would be great if i could get some help today.

I made a laptop holder which is finished and ready.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 blomkvist

I am trying to finish my folio before school starts :eek: again but i am not sure how long the folio has to be like hoe many pages or words? :confused:

Also are there a lot of marks going for the folio? What is more important, completeing the task or the write up?

If anyone at all has any idea i would really appreciate it :)
    It is fairly urgent so it would be great if i could get some help today.

I made a laptop holder which is finished and ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 matthewosull

the right up is less than the actual project, im fuked aswell, im only on this to scrape as much information as possible togther for my portfolio

KaBooom wrote: »
    So how is everyone getting on with their woodwork projects, are yas done? what did yous make? I did option 3, the box to hold personal items, made it out of elm and lime wood and gave it 3 different types of joints, finger, dove-tail and mortise and tenon.. Hoping to get a B with it, might be lucky enough to get an A.. I also got the brief done today, so if anyone needs to know something I might be able to help.. Im adding a pic of it, so let me know what yas think.. put up your own pics too if you got any, Id like to see what the competition looks like :rolleyes: :D

<mod edit> Please do not post images of exam work here.
    can you help me with with the brief, would u email me your research part of the brief cause im having trouble putting this together, and your evaluation, thanks my email is <email removed - please do your own work for exams>

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Threads merged.
    Any examples of exam work posted here will be removed.
    If you're trying to cheat in your Junior Cert. at least have the wit to not have a username that is close to your real name.

spurious wrote: »
    Threads merged.
    Any examples of exam work posted here will be removed.
    If you're trying to cheat in your Junior Cert. at least have the wit to not have a username that is close to your real name.

could i?? and its not cheating its pointers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

For the box for small personal items, what kind of decorations did people put on it? What would be appropriate to put on it?

..... Just incase you haven't done it, the brief says "Decorated design/artefact" So I'm guessing we need decorative designs on it. Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kevindominguez

Is this for your project, guys? I've come across this on the net and it has helped me with mine. Check this out: teds woodworking I hope I was able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

Is this for your project, guys? I've come across this on the net and it has helped me with mine. Check this out: teds woodworks I hope I was able to help.

Link is broken, but seems like spam to me. Site is selling a product.

Is this for your project, guys? I've come across this on the net and it has helped me with mine. Check this out: teds woodworks I hope I was able to help.

Link works, hes offering to sell a book thats originally worth $197, really dont think thats required for a junior cert write up, stop trying to sell your own stupid product.

Also, If anyone still needs help Ive a copy of a sheet which my teacher gave me, it has all the headings and explains what you should write for all of them. I know its a bit late, but hope it still helps someone.

Advertisement