Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help remebering a game

• 23-04-2011 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭

I'm trying to remember to game i played years ago but cant think of the name at all, i'm pretty sure it was a snes game but i could be wrong.

It was a side scroller adventure/rpg type game set in the future,you played a regular guy, that wore a brown jacket jeans and white shoes, cant really remember much of the story but i remember you had credits to buy stuff,started of in a city(i think) you could get a space taxi or something like that, the overall environment of the game was a dark and run down type city.

I know its a pretty vague description, but its all i really got as i was 6 or 7 playing it never really got to far in it, but its one that sticks out that i want to play again

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Flashback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Ah yes thats the one :D, thanks.
    I always always remembered the guys running rolling animations, they looked so good at the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

its a good game, similar to another world and prince of persia, i think prince of persia on the snes was the best of the 3 the level design was awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o8RxZiRiVU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

its a good game, similar to another world and prince of persia, i think prince of persia on the snes was the best of the 3 the level design was awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o8RxZiRiVU
    I think that Another World was a sort of sequel to Flashback - the same guys made it a few years later, or somesuch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I think that Another World was a sort of sequel to Flashback - the same guys made it a few years later, or somesuch.
    They're similar games but completely unrelated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Flashback was, and is, very cool.
    Hasn't dated at all, at least not as much as you'd imagine.
    The visuals still have a nice flair, the rotoscoping animations have a wonderful fluidity to them, brilliant.
    And I think I am the one fan of Fade to Black, the PC/PS sequel to Flashback, but done in 3D.
    Actually doesn't do a bad job, the PS version is much better than the PC one, better textures. Story is good as well, fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

They're similar games but completely unrelated.
    Except they were both developed by Delphine, according to Wikipedia.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Except they were both developed by Delphine, according to Wikipedia.
    fair enough , they have the same publishers ,but most people seem to wrongly think they're part of the same series of games:
    From wikipedia:

Comparisons to Another World

Flashback was and still appears to be mistaken as a sequel to Eric Chahi's video game Another World. (The game Heart of the Alien was released as Another World's sequel.) Although both games do share similarities, the storylines are completely different, and there is no major connection between two characters in Flashback. Flashback is mistaken as a sequel for the following reasons:

* Both games are published by Delphine.
    * Another World also utilizes rotoscoped animation. Flashback's graphics are similar to Another World, but the gameplay backgrounds are digitized hand-done drawings, while the vectors are pre-rendered compared to Another World, which featured real-time polygons all over, though the 3DO port did have digitized hand-painted backgrounds.
    * The gameplay of Flashback is based on Another World, but Flashback has step-based controls and also had a heads-up display while Another World didn't have any of these.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Eric Chahi has said that he had nothing to do with flashback and that it definitely isn't a pseudo sequel. I think that the man that developed Another World on his own saying that is proff enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement