Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESS HELP!! :O

Options
  • 23-04-2011 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

I am a JC and LC Geography teacher and a JC History teacher, among other subjects.

Recently due to the high demeand of new students looking to take geogaphy and history but can't due to other subjects they'd also like to study (French, Woodwork, Art, Business etc.), so the school has decided to introduce Environmental and Social Studies as a compromise. :)

Because I'm a JC Hisotry and Geography teacher I was asked to teach one of the two ESS classes. Of course I jumped at the idea of teaching a new subject and I accepted! :D

When I got home I took to the Internet to find out more about this subject, but all I found was a syllabus which gave me the topics and themes etc. but not much info. :mad:

I found that there is no textbook relating to the subject and I'm just not sure how I can give my students any information if I don't know what information they need in the first place. :confused:

Usually I teach my class using Powerpoints and they take down information in their notes copies. We then do excersises out of their textbooks and workbooks and do them into their notes copies. Also in my geography class I get my students to have a science experiment copy to record their fieldwork and a copy to record case studies. In my History class my students also have various copies, but it seems that for my new class I won't be able to use any of my usual techniques. :eek:

If anyone has any notes they got off their teachers for ESS or how you guys studied the subject could you please post them.
    If you have any information or teachning guides could you post them too.
    And if your an ESS teacher Could you please give me some advice and help!!

All would be seriously appriciated!

Comments

Advertisement